Recipe Cabbage-Wrapped Salmon Appetizers

Mountain Cat

Veteran
Local time
12:16 PM
Website
goatsandgreens.wordpress.com

salmon-cabbage-served-.jpg

Consider this a quick item to dash off, and if you don’t want nightshades, consider other seasonings as the only nightshades in this dish would be the ground Ancho or the Aleppo seasonings.
salmon-cabbage-prep-.jpg

salmon-cabbage-rolled-.jpg

Prep Time: 10 minutes.
Cook Time: 15 minutes.
Rest Time: 0.
Serves: 1-2 as an appetizer.
Leftovers: Yes, serve cold

Cabbage-Wrapped Salmon Appetizers

INGREDIENTS:
  • 5-7 leaves of green cabbage. They do not need to be large.
  • 3-4 ounces of salmon, skin removed.
  • 1 green onion / scallion, chopped.
  • Juice of 1/3 lemon.
  • 1/2 teaspoon oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ancho or aleppo pepper.
METHOD:
Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
Blanch the cabbage leaves in boiling water for 30 seconds, remove and drain.
Cut the salmon filet into approximately 1-inch segments.
Layer the cabbage leaves out in the cooking pan, Add in segments of salmon, sprinkle with green onions, lemon juice, oregano and the ground ancho / Aleppo pepper.
Bake for 12-15 minutes (depending on thickness of the salmon.
Serve and eat immediately. (If you have leftovers, refrigerate and eat within a couple of days, in this case, cold will be best.)

What a cool combination! I love the short prep and cook time, both blanching and short bake...it is also keto friendly, or 100% keto, I would dare say. I do remember while doing keto, it was not easy to immediately come up with quick lunches or dinners or, in your case, appetizers...Alleppo pepper, I read, has cuminy undertones, do you often use it with salmon? Or is it because of the cabbage wraps this time? Does it taste very peppery?

What a cool combination! I love the short prep and cook time, both blanching and short bake...it is also keto friendly, or 100% keto, I would dare say. I do remember while doing keto, it was not easy to immediately come up with quick lunches or dinners or, in your case, appetizers...Alleppo pepper, I read, has cuminy undertones, do you often use it with salmon? Or is it because of the cabbage wraps this time? Does it taste very peppery?

I used the Aleppo mainly due to the cabbage influence. I could see other dishes with salmon I might use it with, but not often. There's a mild pepperyness to it, but nothing that sticks its foot out to trip one.

Back
Top Bottom