Cadbury's Flake Question

It wont melt because a flake is made from dehydrated chocolate and when this is exposed to high heat it tends to harden rather than melt, plus this kind of chocolate is made more from sugars, whey, and other products and not much actual chocolate.

when heated, the fats clump together with the sugars and stay solid. This is the reason why it tends to stick to you're fingers as well.

It wont melt because a flake is made from dehydrated chocolate and when this is exposed to high heat it tends to harden rather than melt, plus this kind of chocolate is made more from sugars, whey, and other products and not much actual chocolate.

when heated, the fats clump together with the sugars and stay solid. This is the reason why it tends to stick to you're fingers as well.
Why does a bar of the same chocolate(Dairy Milk) melt then?

Read a article this morning on this ,can't see any solutions at the moment .....
Some say is dehydrated and air passed In the miss ,to give a better product when being transported ambient

The distribution of fat within the Flake type of chocolate is different from normal chocolate. Basically, chocolate is a mixture of very tiny ground particles, sugar cocoa and milk solids. That’s surrounded by the cocoa butter or cocoa fat. When the cocoa butter melts – if the fat is very well distributed it allows the fat to lubricate the individual particles and so they can slide over each other quite easily and that will give you a nice runny chocolate. If, on the other hand the fat within the chocolate isn’t as well distributed the particles of chocolate won’t slide over each other and not then give you a nice runny chocolate. It just happens that with the case of Flake, the manufacturing process is slightly different and the fat is not as well distributed as it would be in the case of ordinary chocolate.

Hmmm....

That's the "other lot" though!
Not sure what you mean (nothing new there). I'm not a chocolate lover but I do like Cadbury's flakes from time to time, as it happens. There is something about the texture and the way it dissolves. It isn't like any other chocolate. Maybe it is because they melt very slowly in the mouth due to their construction. Now I have a hankering to eat one!

Back
Top Bottom