Recipe Cajuncini

CraigC

Guru
Local time
7:13 AM
36788-albums1121-picture8320.jpg

A good way to use up leftover jambalaya! Serve with Creole sauce for dipping.

Cajuncini Makes about eight 2-inch balls

2 cups leftover jambalaya
3 eggs
8 cubes, 3/8 inch or so, of a firm cheese, Muenster, Monteray Jack, Cheddar, Mozzarella, etc.
1/2 cup flour
1 to 1-1/2 cups unseasoned bread crumbs
Oil for frying

Start oil heating to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

If you have large chunks of ham or chicken in your jambalaya, you will need to pick through it, remove them and run a chef's knife through them to make them smaller. Return to jambalaya and mix thoroughly. Add 1 beaten egg to jambalaya and mix thoroughly. Using a scant 2 Tbsp (I used a #40 lever scoop) form balls. Poke a hole part way through each ball, place a cube of cheese in and enclose within the rice mixture. Roll each ball in flour. Beat the remaining 2 eggs with 2 Tbsp of water. Dip each ball into the egg mixture, then into the bread crumbs, coating well. Place in hot oil and fry until dark golden brown. Serve with Creole sauce.

View attachment 41538
A good way to use up leftover jambalaya! Serve with Creole sauce for dipping.

Cajuncini Makes about eight 2-inch balls

2 cups leftover jambalaya
3 eggs
8 cubes, 3/8 inch or so, of a firm cheese, Muenster, Monteray Jack, Cheddar, Mozzarella, etc.
1/2 cup flour
1 to 1-1/2 cups unseasoned bread crumbs
Oil for frying

Start oil heating to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

If you have large chunks of ham or chicken in your jambalaya, you will need to pick through it, remove them and run a chef's knife through them to make them smaller. Return to jambalaya and mix thoroughly. Add 1 beaten egg to jambalaya and mix thoroughly. Using a scant 2 Tbsp (I used a #40 lever scoop) form balls. Poke a hole part way through each ball, place a cube of cheese in and enclose within the rice mixture. Roll each ball in flour. Beat the remaining 2 eggs with 2 Tbsp of water. Dip each ball into the egg mixture, then into the bread crumbs, coating well. Place in hot oil and fry until dark golden brown. Serve with Creole sauce.

Very nice and I like the mix names Arancini and Cajun

Back
Top Bottom