Calls to ban 'freakshakes'

It's probably cheaper than a bartender LOL I want one.

I don't do desserts, so would never have something like that drink. I do like a milk shake though, just a plain lime milk shake.

Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
How long have Freakshakes been in existence? I had never heard of them until today. I certainly would not want to try one.

I seem to have developed a milk intolerance in my old age so can now manage only one cup of Indian tea a day with very little milk in it.

I seem to have developed a milk intolerance in my old age so can now manage only one cup of Indian tea a day with very little milk in it.

I'm a bit the same - anything with cream in it is even worse. I tend to use almond milk most of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
How long have Freakshakes been in existence? I had never heard of them until today. I certainly would not want to try one.

I am not a huge fan of milk so I take a calcium tablet every day.

Campaigners are calling for a ban on 'freakshakes'. These are milkshake based drinks, garnished with additional confectionaries and cream. In a survey of 46 such products, all were deemed to have excessive amounts of sugar - the worst, the Toby Carvery Unicorn Freakshake, contained 39 spoons of sugar. It would take a 25-year old three hours of jogging to burn off its 1280 calories. We wonder why there is an obesity crisis?

dagv3zgxsaisgfz.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-46179175

On the News tonight, I heard that London will be banning ads for candy and junk food as well, Re childhood obesity.

On the News tonight, I heard that London will be banning ads for candy and junk food as well, Re childhood obesity.
I think the ban is only on London transport property, but it's a good start. It took over three decades to eradicate tobacco advertising and there is even more money behind the junk food industry. Can you imagine a point in time where Coca Cola comes in plain packaging, adorned only with surgical images of distended body parts just like cigarette packets do today? No, me neither.

I hope not. Lol

Blame it on Mary Poppins. "A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down." Haha.

That first pic of that sugar filled dessert reminded me of a place in Aussie, the big pineapple near Brisbane. I took a group to Aussie about 25 years ago, they have cafe type area. One of the people ordered a pineapple boat. It was massive. I've tried giggling it but can't find. It was huge, the person ate it all. Full of ice cream and cream and sauces. Pity I can't find it.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom