Camping, caravans and motorhomes

I agree. I could really like that. Facilities to cook, sleep etc. all on board and you can drive anywhere you fancy. You will persuade him eventually...

Meant to mention MrsDangermouse who does just that in Europe. I know she is a great fan.
Oooh yes we love ours...in fact in 2 weeks time we'll be a couple of nights in to a 3 week trip down to Italy 😀

We have a 3 burner hob, a combination oven/grill, a good size fridge freezer plus an external BBQ point for when we want to cook outside. Bathroom with a decent size shower, lounge with a 32" TV (not to everyone's taste I know!) Two 110ah batteries and a 100 litre fresh water tank means that we're self-sufficient for a good few days. It really is a home from home.

And the best thing? It only takes 5 mins from arrival to beers/wine, maybe 10 mins if we need to use the ramps.

This one is almost the same as ours:
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XaKwpzYP5fw&t=80s

Last edited:
Oooh yes we love ours...in fact in 2 weeks time we'll be a couple of nights in to a 3 week trip down to Italy 😀

We have a 3 burner hob, a combination oven/grill, a good size fridge freezer plus an external BBQ point for when we want to cook outside. Bathroom with a decent size shower, lounge with a 32" TV (not to everyone's taste I know!) Two 110ah batteries and a 100 litre fresh water tank means that we're self-sufficient for a good few days. It really is a home from home.

And the best thing? It only takes 5 mins from arrival to beers/wine, maybe 10 mins if we need to use the ramps.

This one is almost the same as ours:
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XaKwpzYP5fw&t=80s

Where do you keep it when you are at home? Do you have a big drive? Even if I wanted one I'd have nowhere to keep it here. Well, I do want one in a fantasy world but realistically I know I'm not up to driving such a big vehicle. I've never really enjoyed driving (despite having done so for 40 odd years). I find I'm getting more nervous as I get older.

Where do you keep it when you are at home? Do you have a big drive? Even if I wanted one I'd have nowhere to keep it here. Well, I do want one in a fantasy world but realistically I know I'm not up to driving such a big vehicle. I've never really enjoyed driving (despite having done so for 40 odd years). I find I'm getting more nervous as I get older.
We're lucky we have a reasonably large driveway so we keep it there.

There's no denying it's much larger than a standard car, but actually at 7.5m it's not that big compared to a lot of the big motorhomes. Hubby tends to do most of the driving, I do the maneuvering when we arrive on a site (if needed).

This is the rig that we're interested in

ltv unity u24tb 1.jpg
ltv unity u24tb.jpg
ltv unity u24tb 2.jpg

Morning Glory yes, those are twin beds, it just makes it easier to get in and out say in the middle of the night when "nature calls"
MrsDangermouse no oven but there is a convection combo microwave oven and refrigerator and 2 burner propane cooktop and large deep kitchen sink. And yes, this the norm in today's MHs, unlike the past, probably pre-microwave era I'd guess.

Last edited:
MrsDangermouse no oven but there is a convection combo microwave oven and refrigerator and 2 burner propane cooktop and large deep kitchen sink. And yes, this the norm in today's MHs, unlike the past, probably pre-microwave era I'd guess.
Our previous MH had a microwave, but we hardly ever used it so we took it out. We only have electric hook up around 50% of the time so without a decent size inverter and battery bank anything that relies on 240v is a bit of a waste of space (generators are frowned upon in most places).

Our current MH has a combination gas oven/grill, a 3 burner gas hob and of course a sink and 3-way fridge-freezer.

Ah, a Class B motorhome on what looks like a Mercedes chassis. That's a nice size.

CD
Right.
Some folks call this LTV Unity a B+, some say C class but there's not bed over the cab, which is what we're looking for.
No climbing up and down to and from the bed for us old timers!
I was looking a the Ford Gasoline chassis because I couldn't find a mechanic to work on Mercedes, but, since then I've found a place that will do not only the Mercedes diesel engine but the house as well!

Right.
Some folks call this LTV Unity a B+, some say C class but there's not bed over the cab, which is what we're looking for.
No climbing up and down to and from the bed for us old timers!
I was looking a the Ford Gasoline chassis because I couldn't find a mechanic to work on Mercedes, but, since then I've found a place that will do not only the Mercedes diesel engine but the house as well!

I've seen a lot of Unity's YouTube Videos. They seem to make good motorhomes. They have a lot of Class B plans (and the one you want definitely looks long Class B to me -- 177 extended?).

My dream motorhome would be a custom by Advanced RV in Ohio. Every one is custom, and each one is given a name. They do a lot of "stealth" builds, so you can do some urban camping, too.

Of course, they cost as much as a new Ferrari, so I'm not likely to ever own one.

Advanced RV | Custom Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van Motorhomes

CD

Back
Top Bottom