Can anyone recommend an immersion blender that can handle celery?

LissaC

Legendary Member
Local time
5:11 PM
Hi everyone, I'm looking for an immersion blender that can handle celery well, I'm looking to use it to blend my soup. I can blend the soup in the blender but it's too large and involves too much cleanup for what is basically less than 2litres of soup, my nutribullet also handles it well but you're not supposed to blend hot ingredients in it. I know Vitamix and Cuisinart are the best but they're out of my price range and Nutribullet's immersion blender isn't sold in Portugal. Any ideas?

You've possibly looked at this already but it's easy to go onto another countries amazon and get whatever you want sent. Some sellers won't send to another country but most do.

So I had a look for you. I went onto amazon.co.uk and put the nutribullet immersion blender in my basket and went to the check out. Theres no problem sending it to my address in Spain from the UK so it's very unlikely there would be a problem sending it anywhere in the EU.
Of course you may have to switch the plug to an EU one (or buy an adapter).

The only difference to a normal amazon check out is you have to fill in a customs clearance form (that's on the check out page and not difficult at all) and pay £7 p&p (normally I pay none).

I have amazon accounts in Germany, France, Spain and America. It's come in very handy indeed.

Last edited:
You've possibly looked at this already but it's easy to go onto another countries amazon and get whatever you want sent. Some sellers won't send to another country but most do.

So I had a look for you. I went onto amazon.co.uk and put the nutribullet immersion blender in my basket and went to the check out. Theres no problem sending it to my address in Spain from the UK so it's very unlikely there would be a problem sending it anywhere in the EU.
Of course you may have to switch the plug to an EU one (or buy an adapter).

The only difference to a normal amazon check out is you have to fill in a customs clearance form (that's on the check out page and not difficult at all) and pay £7 p&p (normally I pay none).

I have amazon accounts in Germany, France, Spain and America. It's come in very handy indeed.
Hi there, thank you so much! I was afraid of buying from Amazon UK due to customs. But what you explained seems easy enough. So far I'm only used to buying from Amazon Spain.

Hi there, thank you so much! I was afraid of buying from Amazon UK due to customs. But what you explained seems easy enough. So far I'm only used to buying from Amazon Spain.
No probs 👍

I should mention it’s a good idea to check the sellers return policy as electrical appliance guarantees are not dealt with by Amazon.

Last edited:
Link doesn't work. Norton thinks that it leads to a dangerous website. :eek:

Works for me. It wasn't meant to be a serious post. I just looked for the most powerful immersion blender I could find. I'm pretty sure it will handle celery. :laugh:

CD

I have an immersion or stick blender as well as my Vitamix. The immersion/stick blender is a KitchenAid one and it will certainly handle cooked celery, as would most 'liquidisers' (UK term for lower powdered jug blenders).

This link is to KitchenAid to choose your country. Many years ago, before we quit the UK to go cycling, we had a very cheap liquidiser and a very cheap Phillips stick blender. Both would easily do what you are asking, if the celery is sliced and cooked.

Humph.

Screenshot_20231213_141439_Chrome.jpg

I'm so sorry, & I would hate to be a pest, but the link to the KA website is also linked to a dangerous site. :eek:

t-fal pull-string chopper..jpg
Oxo Larger Chopper.jpg

I'm sure that either one of THESE (I have both) two gadgets can cut celery down to size & bring it to it's knees. Or the Cuisinart, should I be preparing chopped food for a party or get-together. Hah!!! :whistling:
Cuisinart Food Processor..jpg

Last edited:
May be dangerous to the wallet. It can if you found out that your personal info was hacked or compromised. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom