Canadian Thanksgiving..

But none of them done well. I've had Turducken many times, offered at work on Thanksgiving, and they are more about kitsch than flavour.

They probably didn't make it right. I still have yet to taste it. That is why I want to make one in the form of a small roll so that there isn't too much of it. :wink:

Forgot to take pictures..too much family and coordinating of things to remember..once the food was put out, they attacked..all went well, not stuck with too many left overs..happy kids, all gone home..quiet now..happy dad..going to bed..back to work tomorrow..

No pics? We don't celebrate it here, we have turkey leg, of lamb and pickled pork with all the trimmings. Mint sauce for lamb, apple sauce for pork and cranberry sauce for the turkey. Trifle for dessert, if you have room. I always cook Xmas lunch for all my kids and the grandkids.

Russ

A Canadian Thanksgiving prayer.

Let us pray:

Dear God.
Thank you for all of this food, eh.
For warm tuques, and cold Molsons.
For Tim Horton's, and Poutine, and BC bud.
For the Kootenays, and shale oil, and the First Nations.

Et La Coupe Stanley, et Les Habs.
And please take pity on the Leafs, who blow even in the winter.

Amen

A Canadian Thanksgiving prayer.

Let us pray:

Dear God.
Thank you for all of this food, eh.
For warm tuques, and cold Molsons.
For Tim Horton's, and Poutine, and BC bud.
For the Kootenays, and shale oil, and the First Nations.

Et La Coupe Stanley, et Les Habs.
And please take pity on the Leafs, who blow even in the winter.

Amen
I don’t understand most of that, but I feel I should. A bit like trying to dissect a remote part of Paradise Lost - you know there is meaning in there, just beyond your grasp.

I don’t understand most of that, but I feel I should. A bit like trying to dissect a remote part of Paradise Lost - you know there is meaning in there, just beyond your grasp.

Lol, I'm sure Rock got it all. I could have kept going: Quebecois pea soup, peameal or back bacon, rubber pills put where Norman kept his mother, the Stampede, Newfies, moose jaws and yellow knifes, a Canadian door standoff, Canadian grafitti, strategic maple syrup reserves, Kraft Dinner, Halloween costumes over winter coats, etc., etc...

Lol, I'm sure Rock got it all. I could have kept going: Quebecois pea soup, peameal or back bacon, rubber pills put where Norman kept his mother, the Stampede, Newfies, moose jaws and yellow knifes, a Canadian door standoff, Canadian grafitti, strategic maple syrup reserves, Kraft Dinner, Halloween costumes over winter coats, etc., etc...
Jeez! You've done your homework..keep that up and we'll give this honorary Canuk his own Kenora dinner jacket..

Lol.

Between hockey, skiing, and fishing, I've had some really great times with Canadians. They talk proudly about all of that stuff, no matter how weird some of it is.
THE most polite people in the world.

You mean you made up that little ditty? You have hidden talents @buckytom!

Back
Top Bottom