Cauliflower rice - opinions?

I love cauliflower rice! Super filling, low calorie, fiber, vitamins, etc. Mixes well with regular/brown rice. The only problem they don't sell it pre-packaged where I live :( And making it is pretty annoying, cauliflower pieces are all over the whole kitchen. And then it freezes into a big lump.

If you have a food processor with blade atrachments, use the large hole grater blade. It works great.

I was actually using an electric grater for batch preparation. That way I don't need to load my small blender 10 times, scraping cauliflower from its walls after each time.

It became popular in the early 2000 in the "paleo" world as a replacement for rice and because it replaced rice it took on that moniker much like vegans when they call something cheese or meat. It's marketing for low calorie as well because not only isn't it a starch and a grain and the main reasons why paleo adopted it but it's also low calorie by default and people believe it's a good replacement for rice, but it's not, not even close, it's just cauliflower.
In many, but not all, circumstances, I prefer cauliflower rice to regular rice.

NO... I don't want my sushi served on a bed of cauliflower!

I've seen it in the stores, but never had an interest in it. Real rice isn't a BAD thing -- although I'm sure there is plenty of "information" in the internet saying it is.

I once watched a colleague of mine scrape all the cheese, sauce and toppings off of a slice of pizza and eat it. I asked WTF he was doing, and he lectured me on how "bad" gluten is. :laugh:

Like others have said, I'd rather just eat cauliflower as it is naturally. I like cauliflower. I like rice. Why make things complicated?

CD

Not something I would consciously make, or serve. I like cauliflower in chunks, and I´ve already got rice, brown rice, basmati rice, forbidden rice, quinoa and couscous. And it´s not "rice" - it´s cauliflower.
Another possible trendy ingredient? I´d certainly eat it, because there´s no a single vegetable I wont eat, but I wouldn´t go to the trouble of making it.

Back
Top Bottom