Recipe Chicken Chow Mein

Local time
2:48 AM
Whenever I want to make a quick meal, I often decide on chicken chowmein. It is an easy meal to prepare and it is also something that I enjoy doing. It is also quite versatile since the ingredients, namely the vegetables, can vary. The following recipe is just one of the ways in which chicken chowmein can be prepared.

Ingredients:

1 pound refrigerated chowmein noodles or 8 ounces dry thin spaghetti
5 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce (or more to taste)
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 pound chicken, sliced into 1/2-inch thin strips
1 cup (2 stalks) thinly sliced celery
3 cups thinly sliced cabbage
1 1/2 cups matchstick carrots
4 green onions, chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons minced ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced

Directions:

1. Prepare noodles according to directions on package. In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, and sesame oil, and set aside.
  2. Heat vegetable oil in a wok or large and deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and celery, and cook until chicken is halfway cooked through, about 4 minutes (outsides should be white). Add cabbage, carrots, green onions, and ginger, and sauté until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes, adding in garlic during last minute of cooking.
  3. Toss in pasta, then pour soy sauce mixture over top and toss to coat. Serve warm.

c0176add_2._chicken-chow-mein-edit-srgb1.jpg

http://www.popsugar.com/food/Chicken-Chow-Mein-37141094

That looks so good! I love chicken chow mien. It is so tasty and a great meal. Thank you for posting this.
Can't wait to give this recipe a try! :)

Well this one is no stranger to me although I have not made it in a while. Of course mine is more of a Bajan type recipe and I never use sugar in my recipe nor do I measure anything.

I never use sugar in my recipe either, but as I mentioned, chicken chowmein can be made in different ways. I would add more vegetables to mine which include things like brocolli, beans and peas. I also tend to use salt instead of soy sauce, but a little bit of both is good. I also like to add some curry and cayenne pepper for seasoning.

I never use sugar in my recipe either, but as I mentioned, chicken chowmein can be made in different ways. I would add more vegetables to mine which include things like brocolli, beans and peas. I also tend to use salt instead of soy sauce, but a little bit of both is good. I also like to add some curry and cayenne pepper for seasoning.

If you use store bought chinese sauces, there is often times already sugar added anyway. There is usually no need to add any sugar at all. However, like my mom said, most chinese tend to use sugar as a seasoning like we use salt and pepper.

Back
Top Bottom