Chicken recipes with liquid yogurt

LissaC

Legendary Member
Local time
7:31 PM
I've got a batch of yogurt that didn't thicken and curdled a bit, I don't want to drink it but want to use it for cooking.

I remember once using liquid yogurt on an Indian recipe with chicken, but I honestly can't remember what recipe that was. I'd prefer to have a recipe where the yogurt will be seasoned with spices instead of tasting the yogurt too much. Does anyone have suggestions?

You could use it in just about any soup that calls for cream. You could also use some in a loaf of bread, or scones maybe.

This recipe I posted recently uses yoghurt: Recipe - Chicken Pasanda

I often add it to curry. It gives a creamy finish without being too fatty or sweet which coconut milk can be. Also, you can marinate chicken pieces in it. Try this - it was delicious! And it doesn't get much easier as recipes go...

Recipe - Chicken Roasted in Spiced Yoghurt

Thank you TastyReuben mjd and Morning Glory for the suggestions :D

Morning Glory I think you're onto something, the chicken pasanda was probably the recipe where I saw yogurt being used. I'm looking more for recipes where I can use the yogurt as part of the sauce without having to taste it, I think I will try to use it on a curry in place of coconut milk.

Back
Top Bottom