1 beetroot
1 carrot, peeled
½ fennel bulb
½ apple
½ tsp of harrisa paste
2 tbsps mayo
burger buns

Method

Butterfly the chicken breast by running down the knife in the middle while the breast lies flat on a board. Lay a double layer of clingfilm on top of it and then gently bash it flat using a rolling pin. Once it is 1cm and half thick remove the clingfilm. Season one side with salt and pepper. Place the chicken breast into the tray and coat in the flour, pat off any excess.

Chop finely the rosemary mix it with cayenne and panco breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl or tray and mix together.

In another shallow bowl whisk the egg then dip the chicken breast into the egg, then into the breadcrumb mix patting it all over making sure it is covered well.

The chicken breast is very thin so start with a medium heat frying pan along with a little olive oil.You do not want to burn the meat. Carefully put the chicken into the oil away from you,let it fry for 5 minutes and carefully turning halfway or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from heat and let it rest on a chopping board while preparing the next step

Prepare the coleslaw by slicing or grating the vegetables: carrot,beet root fennel and apple into a shallow bowl.
add the mayonnaise, harissa and give it a good mix up. add more harissa if so desired

Slice the chicken breast.Get a bun, slice in half, spread on the mayo, then some of the coleslaw, top with ¼ of the chicken then add on some lettuce.

This meal is very good for the diet conscious since it is using chicken breast. his could also go well with Pita bread I believe. a very healthy burger this is and might be yummy too. Very easy to prepare I think this is worth a try.:)

I make pork schnitzel like this all the time. My kids love to help pound the meat until it's flat. It's so easy and so tasty. I haven't thought of putting the meat in a bun. A nice alternative way to serve the schnitzel. Thanks for the great recipe. I think I'll make it next Sunday. Sounds like a burger to eat while you're watching a football game.

Chicken schnitzel is one of my go-to meals back in Australia if I am going to a pub or something for dinner - they have some great chicken schnitzel variations too, like chicken parmigiana (a big favorite!) or chicken schnitzel burgers like you mentioned. I like basically any variation!

Back
Top Bottom