Chinese / Asian/ Lunar New Year? Anyone cook for it?

I LOVE haggis. I've been to Scotland four times in my life, and would love to make haggis here in the US. Unfortunately, it's not the same here. It's illegal to sell lamb lung in the States for consumption. I am simply going to have to raise my own sheep (someday) to make this right.
Can you get vegetarian haggis? You can get some very well flavoured ones these days, alternatively you may have to smuggle one down from Quebec.🤣

Can you get vegetarian haggis? You can get some very well flavoured ones these days, alternatively you may have to smuggle one down from Quebec.🤣

Back in the day (early 90s, I think) Dad found a recipe for vegetarian haggis. He tried it and it surprisingly tasted much more authentic than either of us expected. It was something he found in the New York Times, so I will go do a search for that. I'll link to it from the Scottish thread if I do find it.

So, anyhow, the Year of the Rat, which is the first year of the lunar cycle:

Rat Year qualities for people born in a Rat Year:

"Rats are quick-witted, resourceful, and smart but lack courage. With rich imaginations and sharp observations, they can take advantage of various opportunities well."

Let me add, they move into my garage, build nests, poop all over the floors, and chew on electrical wires.

I celebrated the lunar new year by putting a rat trap in my garage to dispatch the one my dog discovered (but did not catch) on Friday. I didn't get him Saturday, but it never takes more than a few days. They are suckers for chunky peanut butter.

Besides, I was born in an Ox year. We have a history with rats -- sneaky little vermin.

CD

Mine were from the fridge, graded large in size. I placed the mug about halfway between the edge and the center of the plate.I get mice here.

Let me add, they move into my garage, build nests, poop all over the floors, and chew on electrical wires.

I celebrated the lunar new year by putting a rat trap in my garage to dispatch the one my dog discovered (but did not catch) on Friday. I didn't get him Saturday, but it never takes more than a few days. They are suckers for chunky peanut butter.

Besides, I was born in an Ox year. We have a history with rats -- sneaky little vermin.

CD

I get mice here. Eventually I trap and do in a few... (Oh, okay... something else I can add to the "won't eat" list... The rats as well.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom