Chinese cabbage

Local time
4:44 PM
Does anyone know of any nice recipes in which Chinese cabbage can be used? I have only ever used Chinese cabbage one way, and that is cooked up in rice. I would soak the cabbage, and then cut it up into fairly small pieces. After cooking the rice till almost done, I would then add in the cabbage and continue to cook the rice on a low heat until done. It usually gives the rice a very nice flavour. It would be nice to hear of other ways that this cabbage could be used.

th?id=HN.607989257315945706&pid=15.jpg

Attachments

• th?id=HN.607989257315945706&pid=15.jpg
    th?id=HN.607989257315945706&pid=15.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 129
I do have a salad recipe for Napa Cabbage:

very thinly sliced cabbage
sliced green onions
Ramen Noodles crushed
Ramen noodle seasoning pack mixed with oil and vinegar to make dressing

Toss everything together. Makes a cold crunchy salad.

It is called Napa Cabbage where I live too. It is great in stir fry and that is how I mostly use it. You cook up your meat and hearty veggies and add your sauce. Toward the end of the cooking process you add the cabbage and it tastes good. I was also thinking perhaps you could make corned beef and cabbage with this kind of cabbage, but I have never tried that before. It is a rather delicate cabbage.

Remove the leaves then the heaviest of the white stalk ,shred the leaves and stir fry with sesame oil and serve ,goes great with oriental pork dishes

That is what we called Nappa cabbage in our place or "baechu"... We use this kind of Chinese cabbage for making Kimchi...a well known Korean side dish..

Back
Top Bottom