Chinese food

Corzhens

Veteran
Local time
9:04 PM
We grew up with Chinese food for simple occasions that is celebrated only by the family (no guests). When I was young, families here would be dining in Chinese restaurants to fill their tummy with a variety of dishes. It was the norm then because Chinese food is cheap and delicious too. But when the other dishes came like Japanese and Koreans, it seems that Chinese dishes went low profile.

Our favorite Chinese food is the noodles called Pancit. It is a symbol of long life so birthdays are not complete without it.

I love any sort of Chinese dumplings -they're a favorite of mine. It's actually my birthday tomorrow and my husband is taking me to a dim sum restaurant to celebrate, I'm very much looking forward to it.

I do think perhaps Chinese food doesn't have the same "buzz" as other Asian foods these days that have been coming to the forefront. But I still think it's all delicious!

Chinese food is great. I particularly like their chicken chowmein. I like how the Chinese cook this. When I do the same thing at home it is not quite the same. It is my version of it. I also like the chicken fried rice which they do. Their food is very reasonably priced too, so if I am out shopping and cannot get home in time to cook, I would stop at a Chinese store and order a take-away meal from them.

Quite recently someone was saying that our Chinese restaurant in the mall is not really Chinese as the girls in the kitchen are all 'Bajans". I told them it suits me fine as I really prefer my locals cooking the food. I honestly have to say in recent years it's the only Chinese restaurant I have eaten from and felt comfortable. I have lots of concerns about 'authentic' Chinese cooking,

Even though I LOVE Chinese food, the fact of the matter is that you have to find a GOOD Chinese restaurant and STICK with it!
Polynesian is the best type of Chinese food, but there just aren't many of them around, so you have to look long and hard!! :headshake:

I love Chinese food. There is so much variety and I haven't really had too much of it that I didn't like. A lot of it is really sweet so you have to have a sweet tooth to enjoy it. There are some not so good Chinese Restaurants out there so once you find on that you like you have to stick with it. The vegetables dishes are some of my favorites like the different chow miens and chop sueys.,

I love Chinese food. There is so much variety and I haven't really had too much of it that I didn't like. A lot of it is really sweet so you have to have a sweet tooth to enjoy it. There are some not so good Chinese Restaurants out there so once you find on that you like you have to stick with it. The vegetables dishes are some of my favorites like the different chow miens and chop sueys.,

Pretty much what I said above your post. Find a good one and stick with it. :wink:

Pretty much what I said above your post. Find a good one and stick with it. :wink:

Yes, I definitely agree with you. There are good ones, and bad ones. There's this Chinese restaurant near where I live that serves okay food, but they charge more than what other restaurants do and tack on dodgy "service fees" if you choose to dine in instead of getting takeaways. My favourite is one that mimics Shanghai food nearly perfectly, their 'xiao long bao' (little dragon buns, small, juicy buns with a pork mince filling and soup) are to die for :happy:

Chinese restaurants used to give out rolls when you ordered food from them. Very fewer & fewer eateries do that now!! :headshake::stop:

I love Chinese food but I really feel that some of it I can not trust. I mean anytime I have to wonder what I am eating that's a problem. If a person can find one really good restaurant that they can trust then I think that is good. I like the fact that they offer many different dishes. Chicken is one of my favorite.

I absolutely love Chinese food and could eat it all day everyday if I knew how to cook enough dishes. We usually only eat Chinese when we go out to eat, but I am slowly learning how to make some Chinese cuisine at home. I always thought that pancit was traditional Filipino food, is it really considered to be a Chinese dish?

I am Chinese and I love Chinese food. My father owned a Chinese food restaurant so growing up that's all we ate either homemade by mom or take out from our restaurant. I admit is very tasty flavourful food. My kids love Chinese food and always ask me to cook it. We love dim sum too. My kids love ha gow and sui mai - shrimp and pork dumplings. We also love sticky rice and cha sui bao - which is a sweet bun filled with BBQ pork. We often take our friends who have never had dim sum before out for this great brunch. Once they've experienced it they all love it.

I am Chinese and I love Chinese food. My father owned a Chinese food restaurant so growing up that's all we ate either homemade by mom or take out from our restaurant. I admit is very tasty flavourful food. My kids love Chinese food and always ask me to cook it. We love dim sum too. My kids love ha gow and sui mai - shrimp and pork dumplings. We also love sticky rice and cha sui bao - which is a sweet bun filled with BBQ pork. We often take our friends who have never had dim sum before out for this great brunch. Once they've experienced it they all love it.

There was this really good Chinese restaurant that used to be in the neighborhood that I moved to!

They had Polyneisien Chinese food. It was so bloody good!! Sadly, the restaurant closed up after being there for decades!!
It was the best place though, where you could get very good Chinese food!! I miss it so much!! :(:headshake::stop:

Last edited:
Asian countries had their own ways and styles of cooking as well as food specialties. Since there are existence of Chinese Restaurants in every place people had liked eating Chinese foods. For me I like their oriental fried chicken, sweet and sour pork and their fried rice. I had tried experimenting some of their recipes and the good thing is it was a success. That is why aside from eating in a Chinese restaurant I sometimes just cook at home Chinese foods when we are craving to eat.

Back
Top Bottom