Recipe Chocolate and Vanilla Petit Fours

ChefBasics

Local time
12:36 PM
Website
youtube.com
aviary-image-1612351543556.jpeg

Screenshot_20210210-211722_YouTube.jpg

I hope posting these 2 screenshots isnt classed as lazy or cheating!

Ingredients
Vanilla Shortbread
150g (1 cup) plain flour
50g (½ cup) icing/powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g (¼ cup) butter
½ egg yolk

Chocolate Shortbread
150g (1 cup) plain flour
50g (½ cup) icing/powdered sugar
10g (4 tsp) cocoa powder
100g (¼ cup) butter
½ egg yolk

Method (for both doughs):
1. Sieve together dry ingredients
2. Rub in butter until a soft crumbly texture is achieved
3. Add egg yolk (and vanilla extract) and gently knead until just incorporated.
4. Rest in fridge for 30 minutes before using

Use a mix of each dough to make any shapes or designs that you can imagine!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope posting these 2 screenshots isnt classed as lazy or cheating!

I wouldn't worry about so called 'cheating'. There is no cheating when posting, only best or worst practices. Just make sure that your type faces are readable over cell phones and screen shots will work out ok.

The only rules on CookingBites regard the Challenge Recipes and plain good manners with regard to other members. And of course, no spamming.

The chats between members can get a bit loose at times, but I think everyone is comfortable with that so long as it doesn't turn to flaming and out of hand arguments.

As far as lazy goes, what is that? You made an effort to work out a recipe and post it. That can hardly be seen by anyone as lazy. There's no such notion as lazy here. Even a simple lurker is not lazy.

I wouldn't worry about so called 'cheating'. There is no cheating when posting, only best or worst practices. Just make sure that your type faces are readable over cell phones and screen shots will work out ok.

This is not quite true. We do have rules about not posting screenshots of recipe texts for several reasons. These include being user friendly to those with disabilities such as dyslexia who may find the text hard to read. Also for those with impaired vision who can only access the recipes by using a text to speech reader which may not work with some screenshots.

No worries, I'll add your ingredients to the post ChefBasics. :okay:

...done - please check I haven't made any mistakes!

A nice straightforward recipe. I love all the different shapes you made. There is something rather 'retro' about that. I've got some vintage cookery books with diagrams/drawings of biscuits made into all sorts of quirky shapes.

...done - please check I haven't made any mistakes!

A nice straightforward recipe. I love all the different shapes you made. There is something rather 'retro' about that. I've got some vintage cookery books with diagrams/drawings of biscuits made into all sorts of quirky shapes.
Thanks! I will keep screenshots to a minimum, i was on my phone and hate typing on it!

These are definitely retro biscuits but you still see them about today. The recipe is actually called 'dutch biscuits' but i could not find any reason for the name at all. They come out just like shortbread so if you like that kind of thing then definitely give these a go!

This is not quite true. We do have rules about not posting screenshots of recipe texts for several reasons. These include being user friendly to those with disabilities such as dyslexia who may find the text hard to read. Also for those with impaired vision who can only access the recipes by using a text to speech reader which may not work with some screenshots.

No worries, I'll add your ingredients to the post ChefBasics. :okay:

Good to know.

Thanks! I will keep screenshots to a minimum, i was on my phone and hate typing on it!

Me too - I generally use a MacBook. I've come to dislike typing up recipes in general - I cook, I take hand written notes of weights and measures as I go, I photograph the dish. All that is very pleasurable. Then comes the chore of writing it up. I've a backlog of untyped recipes.

Back
Top Bottom