Recipe Chocolate bottomed creme brulee

medtran49

Forum GOD!
Local time
3:19 PM
I finally found the recipe. I had forgotten that I picked out a bunch of recipes I wanted to type up for the computer/cloud cookbook and then finally remembered I had done that last night. Sure enough, it was in among them. I'll be making this soon.

5 large egg yolks
1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp sugar
2 cups heavy cream
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 oz bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped

Four 3/4 cup custard cups or creme brulee dishes

Preheat oven to 350 F. Whisk yolks and 1/2 cup sugar in large bowl. Bring cream to simmer in a heavy small saucepan. Whisk hot cream into yolk mixture in a thin stream. Whisk in vanilla. Set aside. Place chopped chocolate into the cups dividing equally. Ladle custard over chocolate. Place cups in a baking pan and place into oven. Using a measuring cup or ladle, add enough hot water to pan to come halfway up custard cups or dishes. Bake until custards are just set in center, about 55 minutes. Remove custards from water, cool, and then refrigerate at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.

When ready to serve, sprinkle 1/2 Tbsp of sugar over top of each custard and use a kitchen torch to melt and lightly brown sugar or place under preheated broiler (top rack level) until sugar is melted and lightly browned. Cool 3-4 minutes and serve.

I finally found the recipe. I had forgotten that I picked out a bunch of recipes I wanted to type up for the computer/cloud cookbook and then finally remembered I had done that last night. Sure enough, it was in among them. I'll be making this soon.

5 large egg yolks
2 cups heavy cream
1 Tbsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 F. Whisk yolks and 1/2 cup sugar in large bowl. Bring cream to simmer in a heavy small saucepan. Whisk hot cream into yolk mixture in a thin stream. Whisk in vanilla. Set aside. Place chopped chocolate into the cups dividing equally. Ladle custard over chocolate. Place cups in a baking pan and place into oven. Using a measuring cup or ladle, add enough hot water to pan to come halfway up custard cups or dishes. Bake until custards are just set in center, about 55 minutes. Remove custards from water, cool, and then refrigerate at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.

When ready to serve, sprinkle 1/2 Tbsp of sugar over top of each custard and use a kitchen torch to melt and lightly brown sugar or place under preheated broiler (top rack level) until sugar is melted and lightly browned. Cool 3-4 minutes and serve.

So the chocolate melts on the bottom and is a hidden secret?

5 large egg yolks
2 cups heavy cream
1 Tbsp vanilla extract

Exactly how I make mine.......however I never thought about adding chocolate. Next time I will do this. Thank you.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom