Chocolate Liqueur Recipes

Amateur1

Local time
4:57 PM
Does anyone have a chocolate liquery recipe they like. I want something rich (lots of cacao) that will last for over a month in the fridge. Let me know if it can also be kept at room temperature.
I found this online. Homemade Chocolate Liqueur

Not sure I can think of a single recipe containing dairy I’d be happy to keep in the fridge for a month, or anywhere near a month.
Can’t imagine in a domestic setting being able to blend alcohol and cream together in a way that stops it splitting and the fats oxidising.

Sounds like a question for a chemist 👍

Not sure I can think of a single recipe containing dairy I’d be happy to keep in the fridge for a month, or anywhere near a month.
Can’t imagine in a domestic setting being able to blend alcohol and cream together in a way that stops it splitting and the fats oxidising.

Sounds like a question for a chemist 👍

We were gifted some homemade Bailey's once. It had heavy cream and whatever alcohol she used in it. It was in the refrigerator for close to a month since we only drank Bailey's in coffee and don't drink coffee at night much. It separated but all you had to do was shake it.

Has anyone used Tahina instead of cream? Just came across this.
How to Make Homemade DIY Chocolate Liqueur
It doesn't have Tahina, but will last for longer than a recipe with cream.
Not sure about tahini because that does have a taste that will affect the end result, but have you considered cashew cream and cashew milk instead? That's a pretty neutral flavour and very creamy depending on the ratio of nuts to water.

It's what I would use to make eggnog if I couldn't source coconut or soy condensed milk.

SatNavSaysStraightOn , Is there something I could use instead of cashew milk that will last for longer? For experimentation, I'll use water instead of vodka until I'm happy with the flavour.

SatNavSaysStraightOn , Is there something I could use instead of cashew milk that will last for longer? For experimentation, I'll use water instead of vodka until I'm happy with the flavour.
I guess you could buy soy milk and mix in one of the non-dairy creams such as oatly or alpro. Make sure the soy milk is unsweetened, and not flavoured, ideally an organic one. A good brand is Bonsoy. Some soy milks are thinner and more watery than others (just like almond milk).

Alpro do make both a UHT and a fresh soy cream. I couldn't tell the difference between the 2 when I lived in the UK.

I don't know how long they will last though.

But I had said cashew because it is the most neutral flavour of them all (and I'd just had a delicious cashew milk hot chocolate complete with froth on the top). Personally I prefer cashew milk over soy milk.

One brand of non-dairy milk that is lasting really well and tastes great is made by a company called NotCo. They are Brazilian. They do a non-dairy milk called Not Milk. I have kept a container of that open in the fridge for 10 days and it didn't go off but I don't know the availability in the UK. But I don't know if it is an approved kosher product (mind you I don't with alpro or bonsoy either).

16847893038636791938219741537993.jpg

Back
Top Bottom