Recipe Chocolate Pepperoni Pizza???

caseydog

Local time
3:20 AM
Yes, it is a chocolate pizza, inspired by the classic pepperoni pizza. The crust is pizza dough, the "sauce" is dark chocolate, the "mozzarella" is white chocolate, and the "pepperoni" is sliced strawberries.

CocoPizza001.jpg

Ingredients

1 LB pizza dough (homemade or purchased) *
1 LB bag dark chocolate (60% cocoa)
1 LB bag white chocolate chips
1 LB carton strawberries

Method

1 LB of pizza dough will make a 12-14 inch pizza, depending on your preferred thickness. Thick dough will make a chewier pizza, while thin will make a more crispy pizza.

I used a cast iron pan to make a 10 inch pizza. I rolled my dough to my desired thickness, then used a 10 inch plate, upside down, as a template to cut a 10 inch pizza. If you use a cast iron pan, oil the pan and heat on the stove, drop the dough in, and it should sizzle. Then put the pan and dough in the oven at 400 degrees until it starts to brown and firm up. If you use a pizza pan or stone, pre-cook the dough until light brown.

Remove from oven. Quickly add your dark chocolate (blitzed in a food processor) and white chocolate chips, and put back into the oven. Cook until crust is done. The chocolate will melt quickly (the white chocolate chips will melt, but will probably maintain their shape). You won't use all of of the chocolate for a 10 inch pizza. I've been snacking on the extra chocolate for days. :happy:

When the pizza is cooked, remove it from the oven, and add your thin sliced strawberries, slightly pushing them into the melted chocolate.

Chill in the refrigerator until chocolate is firm. Serve.

CD

* I purchased my pizza dough from a local pizzeria. When I make my own, I get flour EVERYWHERE.

Last edited:
Sounds amazing, I couldn't see the pic though but I have a great imagination. I never thought of buying dough from my local pizza joint.

Russ

I made fruit pizzas with my kids a million times. The possibilities are endless.

Do you typically make pizzas in cast iron? How do you go about getting it out?

I made fruit pizzas with my kids a million times. The possibilities are endless.

Do you typically make pizzas in cast iron? How do you go about getting it out?

I like cast iron pan pizzas. They come out of the pan very easily. I just use a butter knife to lift an edge, and it lifts right out of the pan. You get the pan good and hot, oil the bottom with olive oil, then put your rolled out dough in the oiled pan. That starts the browning of the bottom of the crust. Par bake, add your sauce and toppings, and finish baking. It works well, and is easy to clean up.

CD

Back
Top Bottom