Chocolate Sauce and Lentil Soup

I like lentil soup, but also like chocolate. I am trying to make a healthy soup that has a chocolatey taste. I appreciate your point about the Nutella.
Please can you elaborate on the health benefits of cacao that are lost above 42c? It still has fibre and protein. I was using cacao and stevia to make a hot chocolate.

I´m a 97.7% vegetarian ( I very occasionally eat some fish or a burger :laugh: ) but I´ve never heard of a combination of lentils and chocolate . That doesn´t mean they wouldn´t work together, but the bitterness of raw cacao, the sweetness of the maple syrup and the earthiness of red lentils might take some experimenting. Mexican moles combine chocolate, chiles and plantains, so there´s something to look at.
Here in Venezuela we´ve got some of the best cacao in the world, because the conditions are perfect for the trees to grow. It´s unusual for the cacao to be eaten raw, so mostly it´s made into chocolate. Heating the cacao actually removes almost 60% of the antioxidants.

Hope you haven't given up on the chocolate lentil soup. I'm waiting with bated breath to see how that turns out. :hungry:

CD

I tried 200g of lentils. Even with 3 tbsp of maple syrup and 4 tbsp of cacao the flavour did not become chocolatey. Lucky that I like lentil soup, but I've learnt that the flavour of lentils will not change in the same way it does for Quinoa. Thanks for all your encouragement, but I will not repeat this experiment.

Back
Top Bottom