Chopped Chicken Sesame Noodle Bowls

cupcakechef

Veteran
Local time
4:52 AM
Japan (expat by way of Australia and USA)
Tonight for dinner I'm making these - I have a packet of soba noodles that I really need to use up and a good old noodle bowl sounds like just the ticket...

The original recipe source is here: http://pinchofyum.com/chopped-chicken-sesame-noodle-bowls

Ingredients

For the Sesame Sauce
  • 3 tablespoons sesame oil
  • 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ cup peanut butter
  • 3-4 tablespoons water
  • 2-3 tablespoons sesame seeds
  • ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Other Ingredients
  • 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 4 ounces soba noodles
  • 1 cucumber (can swap for other veggies, too)
  • 3 large carrots
  • 1 handful cilantro

Instructions
  1. Sauce: In a food processor, combine all the ingredients for the sesame sauce except the sesame seeds and red pepper flakes. Pulse until mostly smooth; stir in sesame seeds and red pepper flakes.
  2. Noodles: Cook soba noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
  3. Chicken: Heat a large skillet with a little oil over medium heat. Cut the chicken breasts in half if they are large. Add the chicken; sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Sauté until barely golden brown on the outside. Add about a third of the sesame sauce to the chicken with a little water to thin it out. It might splatter, so turn down the heat at this point and have a lid ready. Let the chicken finish cooking in the sauce for a few minutes. Remove the chicken from heat, let cool slightly, and shred.
  4. Veggies: Chop the veggies super-finely or put them in the food processor and get them all minced up. Drain out any excess moisture.
  5. Toss everything together and serve hot or cold.
enhanced-27748-1435862516-3.jpg

Can I come to your house for dinner? I love noodle bowls, and make them just for me. My family does not care for the noodle bowls as much as I do. I like the chicken with alfredo sauce and peas.

That looks delicious, definitely something I would eat. I love noodle bowls but never think to make them at home. Now I have no excuse as this recipe sounds like a keeper. My family doesn't care for noodles bowls as much as I do either @Pat. Both my husband and son stick with what they know and love while I'll go out and try something new. If I like it great, if I don't well at least I tried, while those two won't even touch anything different with a ten foot pole.

Back
Top Bottom