Christmas 2022

Lego advent calendars bought for a niece to give to her kids:

I’ve got my wife’s first gift bought, sponsoring a stone in the White Tower at the Tower of London. She’ll love that.

It does mean, of course, that she’ll want to go back to London to find her stone in person, and the sponsorship is good for only three years (which I didn’t realize until after I’d paid for it), so maybe that’s a bonus. 😬

It does mean, of course, that she’ll want to go back to London to find her stone in person, and the sponsorship is good for only three years (which I didn’t realize until after I’d paid for it), so maybe that’s a bonus. 😬
I can just see the headlines in the Sun:
" Mrs Tasty Stoned in the Tower!"
:laugh: :laugh:

View attachment 92197

It’s a Christmas movie about a Christmas movie! 🤯
Ok, this movie was legitimately funny, because Hallmark was poking a little fun at itself. The woman who was the co-lead was someone who didn’t like Christmas movies (“They all have the same plot”), and her love interest was an egotistical-but-lovable lead in a Christmas movie that was shooting in her quaint little town.

He was the undisputed “King of Christmas movies” and they showed clips of all the pretend Christmas movies he’d made, and they were incredibly cheesy and hilariously bad, like:

Woman: Well, if you’re really Santa, I guess you’d know what every girl wants.
Sexy Santa Character (in throaty bedroom voice): I am…and I do. <looks at camera and winks>

:laugh:

Just today I brought out some angels figurines, that Icompletely had forgotten about, and they bring out that Christmasy vibe...I am very much looking forward to the Christmas time...not much of a logical justification to back it up, but for all the things shiny, warm memories, special foods, good wishes, just...ah...oh and the music...the 40s songs, the 'classics'...oh and watching the Nutcracker ballet againa and again in theater...just some lovely moments in these tumultuous times...

Back
Top Bottom