Christmas Decorations - show us yours!

We had these delivered today. Haven't seen them for almost 30 years. 185 gm pack. Would anyone like to guess how much they cost me?

View attachment 21079
They are still widely available here & much cheaper. $7 for 450gm box. We even have a 1kg box available.

There’s been outrage here just a few weeks back as they are changing from the original “bon bon” style wrapping with twisted ends to little sealed packets. They’ve added a new raspberry and white chocolate flavour (no complaints) but removed the strawberry cream.

Oh - they look as if they've already been opened! £24 a head inc. booze is good. But otherwise presume you aren't going to be roasting a turkey!

No, the turkeys here are a little non-descript. We had a fresh one back in 2000 which had been running around 2 hours earlier. Luckily we found someone to kill it and prepare it for the oven.

We may have roast pork. There's a restaurant a few kilometres away that sell carry out - similar to this:

roast pig.jpg

The tree and decorations are out of the loft and in the lounge, just need to sort them out now.

We bought our tree yesterday . It's now outside for a week to rid it off spiders that it is typically full of . It gets dusted down with an insecticide because otherwise I end up with a house full of poisonous spiders which I'm not keen on . However I leave it out for most of that time undusted and open to my chickens and chicks which do an exceptionally good job of eating most spiders anyway . It's in a bucket of water otherwise it will die in bright sunshine (today has hit 29C) and very dry winds (in sharp contrast to a few days ago).

Back
Top Bottom