Christmas Pudding

Burt Blank

Legendary Member
Local time
7:27 AM
The pictorial journey starts here. Macerating of the dried fruit overnight.
1606138516748.png

Bugger me that hob looks clean enough to eat your dinner off. If I cook it ends up the third place setting.

After six hours in the pot the pud looked good. It will now be fed with plum brandy till the 25th when it will receive another 2 hours cooking before lunch. We have 50% of the mix left which we will cook today in 2/3 smaller pots. The first one will be consumed this weekend.
1606280598035.png

Last one I had that looked as good as that was made by my nana. Ahhh, the memory of finding thrippenny bits. ( 3p) I always found it funny us three boys all got the same amount,lmao. We went decimal 10 July 67 , I still remember the jingle, the 10th of July .. Next year. I was 10.

Russ

Last one I had that looked as good as that was made by my nana. Ahhh, the memory of finding thrippenny bits. ( 3p) I always found it funny us three boys all got the same amount,lmao. We went decimal 10 July 67 , I still remember the jingle, the 10th of July .. Next year. I was 10.

Russ
F' me mate, I knew I had forgotten something. Thank you for the very meaningful comment.

After six hours in the pot the pud looked good. It will now be fed with plum brandy till the 25th when it will receive another 2 hours cooking before lunch. We have 50% of the mix left which we will cook today in 2/3 smaller pots. The first one will be consumed this weekend.
View attachment 51258

This will probably seem like a ridiculous question. What happens to it between cooking it now and adding the last 2 hours on the 25th? Does it go in the fridge, freezer, sit out, etc.?

This will probably seem like a ridiculous question. What happens to it between cooking it now and adding the last 2 hours on the 25th? Does it go in the fridge, freezer, sit out, etc.?
Just in the pantry or a cool dark room. I will feed this one every week with plumb brandy. The last one we made was in the UK, I cooked it in January and fed it once a month.

I made mine today (currently steaming) after a missed stir up Sunday because of a flare up of my immune issues.
This year I have some charms as I’ve run out of shillings, and can’t get to junk shop I usually get them from.
7 puddings, one for us and the rest are to be wrapped, tagged and gifted.
View attachment 51505
View attachment 51506
Bravo. I dub you queen of puddings. This is what our test pudding looked like last night.
1606640896716.png
1606640919030.png
1606640937723.png

Back
Top Bottom