Cinco de Mayo food (or every day's a good day for Mexican food).

JAS_OH1

Forum GOD!
Local time
7:18 PM
Started with queso fundido:
20240505_191558.jpg

Finished that and guacamole is next:
20240505_191632.jpg

We're having Mexican later in the week. Stopped and got the tomatillos before brunch today since they didn't have them when we went to the grocery earlier in the week.
I'm gonna change the title to this thread.

Rojo sauce! Craig likes the rojo but I prefer verde.
I actually had never made enchiladas before and I hadn't eaten them in about 50 years since my mom made them when I was a kid. She wasn't a good cook and they weren't very good. Eating at restaurants i never ordered them and stuck to fajitas, chimichangas, burritos, tacos and such. But DH likes them so I figured I'd give it a whirl. I made the sauce and everything from scratch except the corn tortillas (I know how but didn't have the motivation).

Anyway, DH said they were in the top 5 he's ever had and I loved them too, so I'll make them again. I'll probably still not order them at a restaurant.

I still have some of the chicken, pepper, and onion mixture so was thinking of making tacquitos tonight.

I'll try the verde sometime, do you have a recipe?

Last edited:
I just wing it, but I'll get something in writing when I make it in next day or 2.
Yeah you can just guestimate it because I often wing it too, even when I find recipes online (like the enchilada sauce recipe I used) I eyeball some ingredients (like when it calls for 3 TBSP of olive or avocado oil to sautee onions or whatever). And I always end up tasting and adjusting it to my tastes, even when I am not exactly sure what it's supposed to taste like! And TYIA.

Back
Top Bottom