Recipe Cinnamon swirl Banana Bread

Local time
4:28 AM
The one thing I can bake well is a banana bread and this twist with cinnamon seems like a good fit for me. Truth of the matter is I don't know I'd be too great with all the swirling and I definitely won't be finishing with slices of banana on the top. Still I like the recipe and it's something I would try with my personal touch.
Cinnamon-Swirl-Banana-Bread-199x300.jpg

Ingredients
  • Batter:
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 4 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1-1/2 cups)
  • Cinnamon Sugar Swirl:
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
  • 6 thin slices of banana, for garnishing
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour a 9x5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, melt the butter and let cool slightly. Whisk in the sugar then the eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour and baking soda. Fold in the mashed bananas until just combined.
  3. In a small bowl, use a fork to stir together the cinnamon sugar swirl ingredients until thick and well combined.
  4. Spread ¼ of the batter evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Dollop ¼ of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the batter in the pan and then make a nice thick swirl through the batter with a table knife or bottom of a wooden spoon. Place ⅓ of the remaining batter evenly over the first layer and swirl with ⅓ of the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture. Place ½ of the remaining batter evenly over the second layer and swirl with ½ of the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture. Spread the remaining batter evenly over the top and dollop with the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture. Make large swirls throughout the entire loaf. Place six thin banana slices down the middle of the batter.
  5. Place loaf pan on a baking sheet and bake for 60-70 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Source: http://thebakermama.com/recipes/cinnamon-swirl-banana-bread/

Well this recipe certainly looks interesting. I am a lover of banana bread but I have never heard about this swirling stuff before. Yes, I would think the swirling part may be a bit of a challenge having never tried it before. Cinnamon added to banana bread would definitely add a nice touch to it.

Well this recipe certainly looks interesting. I am a lover of banana bread but I have never heard about this swirling stuff before. Yes, I would think the swirling part may be a bit of a challenge having never tried it before. Cinnamon added to banana bread would definitely add a nice touch to it.
For sure. I see the flavour being delightful but I suspect my swirls might be a little off balance. I generally don't have much patience when it comes to a lot of these recipes and just pretty much do whatever pleases me. I also find the baking time to be a little long.

Back
Top Bottom