Clarity of Hyperlinks

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
Well if not everyone does it, I'm going to continue missing things. And it's likely that some will not do it, so...it's gotta be all or none. Oh well.
That's not how it works.

This is a style that you view the site in, not how others post to the site.

So everyone's posts (new and old) for you on this site will show however you select. For those if us that don't miss the links, we can stay as we prefer. It is simply a way of making it clearer to you.

Just think of it as a filter applied to your account.

That's not how it works.

This is a style that you view the site in, not how others post to the site.

So everyone's posts (new and old) for you on this site will show however you select. For those if us that don't miss the links, we can stay as we prefer. It is simply a way of making it clearer to you.
Ah, gotcha. I'm a little slow sometimes, lol.

Well if not everyone does it, I'm going to continue missing things. And it's likely that some will not do it, so...it's gotta be all or none. Oh well.

I think you misunderstand. SatNavSaysStraightOn has it set up so you can choose how you view the forum. So you can choose to view hyperlinks underlined. No body has to do anything - they will just appear to you like that if you choose that style.

look at the very bottom of the screen and click on CookingBites with a paintbrush next to it in the black toolbar.

Then choose the option you want:

Ah, gotcha. I'm a little slow sometimes, lol.
Don't worry. I don't always explain things well enough because I'm from an IT background and used to talking jargon and acronyms all day! (Added to the fact I learnt IT in the armed forces and life often needs translating in this household, especially now we have a mix of British military and Australian military acronyms on top of all the IT ones! )

I think you misunderstand. SatNavSaysStraightOn has it set up so you can choose how you view the forum. So you can choose to view hyperlinks underlined. No body has to do anything - they will just appear to you like that if you choose that style.

look at the very bottom of the screen and click on CookingBites with a paintbrush next to it in the black toolbar.

View attachment 84430

Then choose the option you want:

View attachment 84431
Yeah I already had read her post, thanks!

Well it says CB links underlined (I just changed it), but when I scrolled back up, they're not.

Ok now they are. Weird. I think I'll try bold.

View attachment 84360
View attachment 84362
View attachment 84364

(I have cheated a little here so you'll see all the green except oddly signatures, is changing. It was the easier way of changing it because I don't have to code to show the differences)

One other option available is that internal links - such as links to recipes in the challenge thread remain green (current colour) and external links are red.
This could be done so that members choose to select this colour profile whilst the default remains as it has been for about 7 or 8 years.

View attachment 84365

All of these options are available for members to trial. Just find to Style chooser at the bottom of the screen and click on it

View attachment 84366
and select the option you want.
Note currently you can't have CB set to full width on large screens and change the hyperlinks.
View attachment 84367
* indicate options members can choose. The rest are my play/trial areas so I can mess up and no-one know!
Can you only choose ONE option? I’d like bold and underlined if possible.

Back
Top Bottom