Clearing up after your dog

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
7:50 PM
[Mod.Edit: This and following few posts moved from another thread (MG)]

Sounds like you need a dog.

Woke up this morning with wife talking loudly downstairs. Daughters dog left 3 or 4 deposits on the lounge floor overnight. No, I'm not getting a dog!!!

Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
When my MIL used to go out of town to visit her sister for weeks (sometimes a month or two), we would watch her schnauzer. I would get up early in the morning to let the dog out. I would walk around in the yard with him (sometimes in freezing cold and/or snow), and he would pee but not poo. After about 10 minutes, I would bring him inside. He would run right downstairs to the TV room and poop on the rug in front of the TV. Every. Stinking. Time. I used to get so mad at that dog! I think he was acting out because he was mad at MIL for abandoning him.

When my MIL used to go out of town to visit her sister for weeks (sometimes a month or two), we would watch her schnauzer. I would get up early in the morning to let the dog out. I would walk around in the yard with him (sometimes in freezing cold and/or snow), and he would pee but not poo. After about 10 minutes, I would bring him inside. He would run right downstairs to the TV room and poop on the rug in front of the TV. Every. Stinking. Time. I used to get so mad at that dog! I think he was acting out because he was mad at MIL for abandoning him.

He's a really nice dog, only done wrong twice in 6 months, both times daughter away at her "friends" she's moving in there in two weeks. Wife cleaned it up, she's not happy.

Russ

I just don't get people walking behind their dogs with a plastic bag scooping it up, I don't get it. Lol.

Russ
Oh I get it. And I would hope that anyone who walked their dog in my yard would do that. I don't want to step in it (I don't have dogs so wouldn't expect to find any landmines, LOL). Additionally, it might kill the grass.

Oh I get it. And I would hope that anyone who walked their dog in my yard would do that. I don't want to step in it (I don't have dogs so wouldn't expect to find any landmines, LOL). Additionally, it might kill the grass.

We have brown spots all over our yard. I bite my tongue.

Russ

Well I have lots of "native plants" (hey CD) in my backyard. And no one should be walking in my backyard, dog or no dog!

I just don't get people walking behind their dogs with a plastic bag scooping it up, I don't get it. Lol.

Russ

Its a fineable offence not to pick up after your dog here - and quite rightly. It used to be the case, many years ago that taking your kids out on the street or to a park was a question of dodge the dog poo. And I can still remember treading in it more than once and not realising until I'd walked it into the house. Yuk! Nowadays there are people who don't pick up - but they are in a minority. In the nature reserve near me there is someone who goes round with a harmless coloured spray and sprays circles around any dog poo. This is an attempt to shame the culprit next time they visit.

Last edited:
A few years ago, I'd gone to a park for a walk (I was doing a lot of volksmarching at the time). I parked the car, and right next to me, a woman had just arrived minutes earlier with her dog, and had her dog on its lead in the little green space right in front of the cars. Dog did what dogs do a pooped out a fair amount (especially considering the size of the dog).

Right between us was the standard sign about picking up after your pets, complete with provided plastic bags and a dump box.

Did she make use of it? Nope. She locked her car and took off toward the trail, so I grabbed a bag with the intention of throwing it out for her, but as soon as I bent to pick it up, I got the devilish idea of depositing on the hood of her car, minus the bag. 😈

Back
Top Bottom