Coffee Grinders

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
2:44 PM
Mentions of coffee grinders have popped up in a couple of posts lately, so if your the type to grind your own beans, let’s see yours.

We have coffee three times a week (Fri-Sun mornings), and MrsT drinks different coffee than I, so this grinds two batches of beans on those mornings:

IMG_7343.jpeg
IMG_7344.jpeg

I think it cost me all of $10US, and any of the coffee purists I ever speak with scold me for using a cheap electric grinder. :laugh:

I use k-cup pods in the Keurig machine. No mess, no cleanup! Just throw away the used k-cup pods when the coffee is made. I like that. :whistling:
K-cups..jpg

Last edited:
I have a Krups coffee grinder, but I use it as a spice grinder, instead.

CD

We have two of these. One for coffee and one for spices. My OH got fed up of cleaning out the spices from the grinder. So when he received a $100 gift card from work (for being mentioned in the company newsletter) we used it to replace the existing 6 year old spice/coffee grinder with 2 new ones. There wasn't anything else in the catalogue that we wanted and the gift vouchers had an expiry date on them and it dealt with the "this coffee tastes of coriander" issues!

1705993241107225929253576385062.jpg

We have two of these. One for coffee and one for spices. My OH got fed up of cleaning out the spices from the grinder. So when he received a $100 gift card from work (for being mentioned in the company newsletter) we used it to replace the existing 6 year old spice/coffee grinder with 2 new ones. There wasn't anything else in the catalogue that we wanted and the gift vouchers had an expiry date on them and it dealt with the "this coffee tastes of coriander" issues!

View attachment 109439

No, you can't mix-use a coffee grinder. Once you grind spices in one, you can't grind coffee in it.

CD

No, you can't mix-use a coffee grinder. Once you grind spices in one, you can't grind coffee in it.

CD
Curiously, our's came with directions that you can/could and for 6 years in Australia and many more in the UK, we did. I just ran through a tablespoon or two of rice between changes which acted as a cleaning agent.

The Coffee & Spice Grinder has an easy clean, removable stainless steel bowl to minimise flavour transfer between ingredients, while delivering freshly ground coffee, herbs and spices in seconds.

the Coffee & Spice™

View attachment 109439

I have the same 1 here and solely used on spices. Wife buys ground coffee for me for the urge I get for real coffee.
I'm the only 1 that uses it. It's my second as i burnt the first one out.

Russ

Venezuelan coffee is extremely good. Shame the government decided to "control" its production over 45 years ago, because none of it gets exported.
Anyhow, we buy our coffee already ground, usually from the supermarket. I've got a dozen foodie friends (and the restaurant I used to work with) who will happily toast and grind coffee beans for me on the spot, but while we both like coffee, we're not fanatics. We've got this coffee grinder, which I don't think has ever been used:
Coffe Grinder.jpg

Venezuelan coffee is extremely good. Shame the government decided to "control" its production over 45 years ago, because none of it gets exported.
Anyhow, we buy our coffee already ground, usually from the supermarket. I've got a dozen foodie friends (and the restaurant I used to work with) who will happily toast and grind coffee beans for me on the spot, but while we both like coffee, we're not fanatics. We've got this coffee grinder, which I don't think has ever been used:
View attachment 109469

Your relationship with Venezuela seems like my relationship with Texas. The politics here drive me nuts, but somehow, I still like living here. :laugh:

CD

Hahaha! You bet.
Excellent coffee, glorious weather, magnificent avocados, the most beautiful women in the world, spectacular rum, 1,000 kms of pristine, coconut palm-lined beaches, the largest oil reserves in the world...
And Maduro.

coffee-grinder.jpg

My grinder has no brand. I don't remember where I bought it but I chose it because it is a burr grinder and looks like a downsized version of the big grinders we had in our gourmet store. The knob on the front adjusts the grind size and a switch on the back turns it on and off. It has been performing flawlessly for 15 years.

Oddly our supermarket no longer sells coffee beans, only ground coffee and keurig pods. I was in Walmart recently and noticed that they have stopped selling beans as well. They do have nespresso pods. Not a good trend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom