Combinations please?

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
2:31 AM
I bought a bag of large prawns for kebabs on Sunday. I've never made these before as I'm the only seafood person in my family. But we have two,other guests that love seafood.
I have lemons from my trees but what combo goes with large juicy fat prawns please?
I make chicken kebabs and pair it with onion and capsicum. Perfect combo.
Help.russ

I make shrimp kabobs all the time. The size doesn't mater. Use a hot fire, and cook them fast to get a nice char without overcooking the meat.

You can do a scampi by sautéing them in butter and garlic. Serve over pasta with the same garlic butter.

Steak and shrimp/prawns is a good combination. Surf-N-Turf.

CD

I make shrimp kabobs all the time. The size doesn't mater. Use a hot fire, and cook them fast to get a nice char without overcooking the meat.

You can do a scampi by sautéing them in butter and garlic. Serve over pasta with the same garlic butter.

Steak and shrimp/prawns is a good combination. Surf-N-Turf.

CD

I have garlic butter and I could sauté quickly but I was thinking kebabs, easy to cook and serve. What would you add to the prawn? Pineapple? I have seafood dressing as well!

Russ

I have garlic butter and I could sauté quickly but I was thinking kebabs, easy to cook and serve. What would you add to the prawn? Pineapple? I have seafood dressing as well!

Russ

I've never tried pineapple. I generally do just shrimp on a few skewers, seasoned and drizzled with OO, and a few separate skewers with veggies. The veggie skewers need to cook longer.

CD

I've never tried pineapple. I generally do just shrimp on a few skewers, seasoned and drizzled with OO, and a few separate skewers with veggies. The veggie skewers need to cook longer.

CD

You watch the debate? Biden lost it a few times? Trump said nothing as usual,lol. He really is a showman.

Russ

Russ
Prawn and pineapple sounds great. Both will take the same time to sear (a couple of mins, max). Drizzle with EVOO and chilli flakes, serve with a chunk of lime. Leave the seafood dressing in the fridge.

Prawn and pineapple sounds great. Both will take the same time to sear (a couple of mins, max). Drizzle with EVOO and chilli flakes, serve with a chunk of lime. Leave the seafood dressing in the fridge.

I have never tried shrimp and pineapple, but I'm not saying I wouldn't. I agree with the dressing opinion. Shrimp/prawns, no matter what size, are a light and delicate flavored meat. I would not drown them with any kind of sauce. I can eat them by the dozen right off the grill.

CD

If you like Tabasco maybe you could cook them with it for a spicy twist or I’d make a mint sauce. I haven’t tried the combo prawns/pineapple, but I’ve tried the combo prawns/orange and black pepper, very nice
I am also used to combine prawns (scallops as well) with some cured meat or lard

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom