Come Into The Kitchen Cook Book

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
5:25 AM
As noted earlier, I got Mary & Vincent Price's Come Into The Kitchen Cook Book for Christmas.

I have to say, although I have broken the seal, so to speak, and made two things from it, I'm really enjoying it just as a book to read.

It's arranged in time-period fashion, from colonial American up to today's dishes (meaning 1960's). That alone is interesting enough, but it's also full of period illustrations of kitchen items, fantastic photos of kitchens through history (something that's a bit of a hobby of mine), and cute little drawings made just for the book.

The recipes have all been updated for the modern cook, though some peculiarities do remain, which just ups the fun factor for me.

Another treat are some of the modern (again, 1960's) photos of the prepared dishes - they're just so...so...'60's women's-magazine kitschy. Very dark and glossy - one reviewer refers to them as "Kodachrome splendor."

Enjoy:

Another thing I love about this book - we're all used to seeing VP in a professional setting, so maybe dressed in a suit and tie for a chat show, or in a gothic costume while in a movie.

There aren't nearly enough in this book, but there are a few casual shots of him at home with friends and family, just lounging, and he's wearing wonderfully wild print shirts. He looks very, very...groovy!

Back
Top Bottom