Cookie spreads

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
7:39 PM
Well it is that time again where I am going to make all of the Christmas cookies again. I usually make 5 different cookies and then give some of them away in nice tins to family members. This year I am going to make dipped chocolate cookies, Hershey's Kiss peanut butter blossoms, iced sugar cookies, oat meal chocolate chip cookies, and I am undecided on the 5th cookie variety. Do you all make cookie spreads?

Oh by this topic I thought you were going to be posting about different kinds of cookie butters. No, actually I don't have that many people around to make a variety of cookies..Also, quite honestly, this year the weather has been too warm to even consider baking cookies. However, I did just buy some break apart the otherday so I will make at least one kind. I am better off not having too much junk around. I want to make a bouche de Noel.

A group of my friends had been mentioning this but we didn't get around to it this year. I love the concept though - I think it's a fun project to work on, and then getting to share those cookies is even more fun. Part of the enjoyment for me in cooking is seeing other people enjoy what I've made - and this fits that perfectly!

Sounds like you made an awesome variety of stuff, Rosyrain!

I make a big batch of cookies and take them to church to share. I am not sure if I am going to make any this year, baking is not something I do when I need to watch my weight.

Every year I try to make a large batch of cookies...4-5 different types usually. However, this year I added peanut butter chocolate truffles to the list. My favorite item to make is almond biscotti and okay almond snow crescents. Once all my baking is complete, I divide them up in pretty pastry boxes so they are ready to hand out to visitors or if we are attending any functions.

I love this time of year because my house smells like a bakery, and because I over indulge on these delicious goodies.

Back
Top Bottom