Cooking burnout during the pandemic

mjd

Veteran
Local time
5:15 PM
Hi,

I am an introvert so the lock down isn't really bothering me on the same level it's bothering my extroverted friends. I love to cook but I can relate to feeling burnout too. I thought some of you might like to read it this article on coping through the pandemic.

Cooking Burnout During The Pandemic Is Real. Here's How To Cope.

Happy Cooking!
MJ

We coped alright here, daughter and her son were here during it. We shared the cooking which was a huge help. Don't know if I would have coped if she couldn't cook.

Russ

Rascal, I'm glad you had your daughter and grandson visiting. Also, glad it helped you beat burnout to have her cook. Hope everyone continues to be safe!

I really have not noticed any difference in the volume of cooking that I do. I suppose maybe one or two more meals per week. Insignificant in reality. Then again, being retired I have plenty of free time anyway so any form of burnout is alien to me.

I really have not noticed any difference in the volume of cooking that I do. I suppose maybe one or two more meals per week. Insignificant in reality. Then again, being retired I have plenty of free time anyway so any form of burnout is alien to me.
I concur no burnout here, well apart from my toast you nit picking b............. :okay:

Then again, being retired I have plenty of free time anyway so any form of burnout is alien to me.

Ditto here plus I'm also an introvert in many ways. I just love to cook. I've always had on-line groceries delivered so don't miss shopping for them. Its really very little different here except that my friend is semi permanently moved in here, so I'm cooking more but finding no time to write up the recipes or even photograph them.

My cooking routine is pretty much the same, as I've always insisted on wanting a couple of nights off each week, and now that's slipped a bit, because we're getting tired of fast food and takeout isn't a great option just based on where we live. Who wants to pay a premium for food that's cold by the time you get it home?

I concur no burnout here, well apart from my toast you nit picking b............. :okay:
Maybe you have some burnout going on and you don't realize it. I mean, if you weren't cooking so much, maybe you'd be able to mind the toast! :wink:

We're pretty lucky compared to you guys. Life's pretty much back to normal. Nobody distances. Pubs are open etc.

Russ

That's great news for you guys! Our governor has mandated masks in businesses. Our fire marshalls have limited the number of customers that can be in the store at one time (it's usually half of the original counts). We have markers on all the floors to stand 6 feet apart and arrows for which way we can go down each aisle. We also have to have our temp taken at every doctor's office. My kids are on remote learning until further notice. Of all this, I'm most afraid for them.

Ditto here plus I'm also an introvert in many ways. I just love to cook. I've always had on-line groceries delivered so don't miss shopping for them. Its really very little different here except that my friend is semi permanently moved in here, so I'm cooking more but finding no time to write up the recipes or even photograph them.

Here's a funny for you. I have some health problems that made it difficult for me to shop. I started ordering online and just having to pick up. I asked a friend to go for me and she agreed but made a face. I asked her what that was about and she said "There is no way I would let a stranger pick out my food." I was stunned for a few seconds and asked "How do you think it goes from the farm to the grocery store?" She just shrugged. I cannot even imagine how many people touch our food before it shows up in neat little packages!

That's great news for you guys! Our governor has mandated masks in businesses. Our fire marshalls have limited the number of customers that can be in the store at one time (it's usually half of the original counts). We have markers on all the floors to stand 6 feet apart and arrows for which way we can go down each aisle. We also have to have our temp taken at every doctor's office. My kids are on remote learning until further notice. Of all this, I'm most afraid for them.

Just to put it into perspective. These rules (and more) have existed in Thailand since March/April 2020. Many are still being enforced although we have not had any domestic cases for over two months. Our death toll from the virus stands at 59 from a population of 67,000,000.

..... "There is no way I would let a stranger pick out my food.".............

Given the varying quality of fresh foods in our stores here I would tend to agree with her. My wife often returns from shopping without items on the list "because they didn't look nice". Tins and packets yes, but fresh produce, no.

Back
Top Bottom