Cooking in South Louisiana

I've been to new orlens a couple of times. Its hard to find vegetarian food there. We ended up at a sandwich shop on the north side of the french quarter and i had a veggie po boy. Ended the day with some beignets which i frankly didn't see the huge deal everyone was making about them as i found them greasy and doughy...i gave them to my traveling companions and they scarfed them down. The city is awsome tho, full of unusual people doing unusual things.

Did you get the beignets from Cafe du Monde? NOLA isn't big on vegetarian food and Cajun country is even worse. @ElizabethB and her husband are Cajuns and cook their food in that rustic style. NOLA is predominately Creole style, although there are restaurants that make Cajun dishes like K-Paul. Pretty much have to be a "PETA" member to eat there.:D

Last edited:
Did you get the beignets from Cafe du Monde? NOLA isn't big on vegetarian food and Cajun country is even worse. @ElizabethB and her husband are Cajuns and cook their food in that rustic style. NOLA is predominately Creole style, although there are restaurants that make Cajun dishes like K-Paul. Pretty much have to be a "PETA" member to eat there.:D

I believe it was cafe du monde...big outdoor cafe? That day we had made a big circle going from the touristy quarter, then to the east side of the quarter to find some vintage stores, and then the north side sight seeing and looking for lunch then we went and took a trolley and found the street that had a bunch of art galleries, then went to an indoor mall cause we were so very hot and back to the quarter by train for beignets and to find the lot we parked in.

Back
Top Bottom