Cooking Movies

Movie vs "film" is not a UK vs US thing.

In the UK we definitely call all movies 'films'. Some younger folk might call them movies but in general most of us would call them films. There is no discrimination between the most populist entertainment films and intellectual 'high art' films. They are all called films here.

I didn't realise that in the US these terms could infer different definitions of cinema.

caseydog I’m with you movies bore me. North by Northwest is one of my favorite movies though. In old times film makers had to work harder and be a lot more creative to create interesting movies. All the technology we have today kind of makes things more dull.

In the UK we definitely call all movies 'films'. Some younger folk might call them movies but in general most of us would call them films. There is no discrimination between the most populist entertainment films and intellectual 'high art' films. They are all called films here.

I didn't realise that in the US these terms could infer different definitions of cinema.
Reminds me of the Mark Twain quote about how a cauliflower is nothing more than a cabbage with a college education. :)

I have seen, and enjoyed, most of the cooking movies/films mentioned. A couple are on my bucket list. Another couple I have not heard of before now.
Not a movie or film but classic, not current, TV Series - Julia Child and a regional series, Justin Wilson.

Back
Top Bottom