Cooking New Year Resolutions 2017

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
11:48 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
Do you have any cooking related new year resolutions?
Are you planning on any cooking course, learning a new technique or food style?
Are you planning on learning to cook more healthily? Going back on to a weight loss program? Or just cutting back on sugar?

Me: well I need to get my act together in the kitchen and stop using all those tinned beans I have been baling to when I have run out of time yet again and get back to using dried pulses and lentils again. We both much prefer them, they are cheaper and easier for me to store (with me living remotely) and in addition to all of that, there is a lot more variety in the dried form that in the tinned form, although there are some that I can't get here in Australia (yet that is) and others that are different and totally new for me, so some of my new resolution is to learn more about the ones I haven't come across before and work out how to incorporate them into our diet. Perhaps there is an need for another vegan cookbook coming on, one that is not European or Northern Hemisphere (a lot of mine are American or Canadian), but one that is either Oriental or Australasian at the very minimum.... An idea is forming.... :D

Hubby and I are going to try to do more cooking instead of eating out on his days off.

Also going to try to cut back on cookbooks and kitchen stuff at the thrift stores.

I'm planning to develop more vegetarian recipes. My youngest daughter who lives here is pescatarian and both partner and son are happy to eat vegetarian. I want to really throw some creativity at this. Ottolenghi is a good inspiration (I got one of his books for Xmas) - but I still think there is undeveloped territory in vegetarian cuisine.

I've been thinking about this. i want to cook more traditional French food and a course would be a good idea. would need to be a weekend course to fit in with my job. or i could do one of those cooking holidays in France to fit in with leave dates in the summer. I think my friend might need a bit of persuasion for that. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom