Cooking without an oven

fantastic food

Veteran
Local time
10:35 PM
One of my friends loves making cakes, brownies and sweet treats, but her oven can't be fixed and nobody in her family wants it replaced. She can currently bake cupcakes in an air fryer (I'm not sure how that works, but as long as they taste good...), make brownies in the microwave, and make no-bake frozen cheesecakes.

I've suggested that she could make caramels and fudges on the stove, but she isn't too keen on stirring pots for ages. Does anyone else have any other good ideas? What sweet things can be made without an oven? Thanks! :D

For the sweet things that can be made without the use of an oven I always make a no bake cheesecake. Sometimes I also make a refrigerated fruit graham cake and it is a sure winner in our family. A pineapple icebox cake is also good. There are still other things that you can make like no bake pies and cookies and there are recipes that you can search in the internet.

I have never tried to bake any thing without an oven. It would be very hard for me to function without my oven. I have recipes for no bake cheese cakes, but we don't really like cheesecakes. I am also interested in seeing what the group has to offer in this no bake category.

I lived like that for quite sometime. My oven didn't work and I couldn't really afford to get one so I made a lot of one pot meals on the stove top. I didn't get to make many sweets but I did do fudge and toffee and items like that. I went out and bought myself a toaster oven. It was awesome. I was able to make cupcake and cookie, pie and cakes. The toaster oven was quite inexpensive and much cheaper then buying a new stove at the time.

http://mashable.com/2014/08/10/raw-dessert-no-bake-recipes/. Hopefully, that link helps but personally, I'd be so lost without my oven. The oatmeal cookies in the the link does not look like sometime I could enjoy. They actually look like they are ready for the oven. I actually have a close eye on my oven as the top oven doesn't work well and I've had to be using the bottom for some time now. It's quite old but I am praying it doesn't shut down on me.

I haven't used my oven for months. I refuse to run up our electricity bill just for that, especially in summer when it's just going to make the kitchen 90+ degrees and almost totally unbearable. There are many deserts, especially fruit deserts that can be done without baking.

http://mashable.com/2014/08/10/raw-dessert-no-bake-recipes/. Hopefully, that link helps but personally, I'd be so lost without my oven. The oatmeal cookies in the the link does not look like sometime I could enjoy. They actually look like they are ready for the oven. I actually have a close eye on my oven as the top oven doesn't work well and I've had to be using the bottom for some time now. It's quite old but I am praying it doesn't shut down on me.

I don't think that I'd like the oatmeal cookies either. They look like flattened balls of raw cookie dough!! :ohmy: :headshake::stop:

We acquired our oven just last year when we bought this new gas range. But before this, I had the so called turbo broiler which is like a big rice cooker but is actually a heater or an oven-like cooking apparatus. We have used that for so many years, cooking chicken like the famous grilled chicken or baking cakes particularly pudding or our signature cassava cake. The only problem with that turbo broiler is the capacity. It has a small capacity and one whole chicken cannot fit inside it.

I lived for two years without an oven or a refrigerator. I think it's fair to say that my skills at preparing curries and chillis improved no end during that period.

I have 2 countertop convection ovens. One of them that I haven't used in years, I put it in storage.

Anything that I am not using goes in storage. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom