Cookingbites Dish of the Month (March): Kebabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can easily find chicken livers but I have not found chicken hearts available in containers. I only find them with whole chickens. I think timing would be very important for Chicken heart kabobs. They can go from delicate, tender bites to shoe leather in a matter of seconds.

As a kid and up to about 20 years ago the chickens we bought had a bag of giblets in them, liver heart and neck. As a kid the cat got them.

Russ

Recipe - Italian Sausage, peppers and onions kebabs

I love me some Italian sausage, peppers and onions, and my favorite cooking method is kebabs over charcoal and wood.

ItalKebabs.jpg

CD

I can easily find chicken livers but I have not found chicken hearts available in containers. I only find them with whole chickens. I think timing would be very important for Chicken heart kabobs. They can go from delicate, tender bites to shoe leather in a matter of seconds.

I've found hearts at a Korean market, and there is one country store a few towns over from me that sells small containers of these chicken hearts (or gizzards, liver...)

Yes, it is easy to overcook those chicken hearts as kebabs, but they're delicious if timed right.

Last edited:
caseydog
Yes - very cool and very yummy.
Caprese is my go to summer lunch. Especially when I have tomatoes growing in my garden. The Balsamic honey glaze really kicks it up.
I purchased some fresh Louisiana strawberries. My brain said what a lovely combination. Strawberries, basil and mozzarella. Twisted Caprese.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom