1/2 cup half-and-half
3 large eggs
2 TBsp diced poblano or jalapeño pepper, or to taste
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
2 TBsp chopped fresh chives
1 TBsp unsalted butter, for the molds

Directions
Preheat the oven to 400F. Using a sharp knife or mandoline, cut the corn kernels off the cobs (you should have 2-1/2 to 3 cups of kernels).

Put the corn, gruyere, half-and-half, eggs, chili pepper, salt, and pepper in a blender and blend for about 1 minute, until smooth (a blender makes a smoother mixture than a food processor). Add the chives and pulse to mix them in.

Butter four 3/4-to-1 cup ramekins or a 4-cup gratin dish. Fill with the corn mixture and place on a baking sheet (the soufflé can be refrigerated several hours before baking).

Bake for 25-30 minutes, until puffy, golden, and set. Serve immediately, and soufflé will deflate very quickly.

Recipe courtesy of Jacques Pépin, "Heart And Soul In The Kitchen."

NOTE: I substituted a mature NY cheddar for the gruyere, and I chose to sprinkle the chives over the top instead of mixing them in.

The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Corn

CORN SOUFFLÉ
Serves 4

Ingredients
2 large or 3 small ears sweet corn, as young and fresh as possible, husked
1/2 cup diced gruyere
1/2 cup half-and-half
3 large eggs
2 TBsp diced poblano or jalapeño pepper, or to taste
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
2 TBsp chopped fresh chives
1 TBsp unsalted butter, for the molds

Directions
Preheat the oven to 400F. Using a sharp knife or mandoline, cut the corn kernels off the cobs (you should have 2-1/2 to 3 cups of kernels).

Put the corn, gruyere, half-and-half, eggs, chili pepper, salt, and pepper in a blender and blend for about 1 minute, until smooth (a blender makes a smoother mixture than a food processor). Add the chives and pulse to mix them in.

Butter four 3/4-to-1 cup ramekins or a 4-cup gratin dish. Fill with the corn mixture and place on a baking sheet (the soufflé can be refrigerated several hours before baking).

Bake for 25-30 minutes, until puffy, golden, and set. Serve immediately, and soufflé will deflate very quickly.

Recipe courtesy of Jacques Pépin, "Heart And Soul In The Kitchen."

NOTE: I substituted a mature NY cheddar for the gruyere, and I chose to sprinkle the chives over the top instead of mixing them in.

That looks good!! Salad also!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom