Could you do a week as a vegetarian?

How easy would you find it to only cook and eat vegetarian for a week?

• Easy

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Somewhat difficult

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I like meat too much

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Wouldn't know where to start

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
6:23 PM
I know some of us here would have no problems with this and some are already vegan or vegetarian so would find it easier than easy! What about you. Would you find it difficult?

though i do like my meat i could easy do with out it ,but talking to a fellow cyclist on a ride this week ,no way could i do vegan ,cheese is my weakness
i do enjoy cooking vegetarian food!

though i do like my meat i could easy do with out it ,but talking to a fellow cyclist on a ride this week ,no way could i do vegan ,cheese is my weakness
i do enjoy cooking vegetarian food!

Yes, I think vegan is more of a challenge. I could probably do it for a week but then would miss certain dairy foods (including cheese).

I'd starve to death as I am not keen on vegetables.
It's not just vegetables ,look at all the pulses ,seeds,nuts,fruits even sea weeds,dairy and eggs cooked so many ways,liking vegetables would be a start though,veggies can be interesting to even the haters,deep fried ,roasted ,grilled,different potatoes to discover ,yams and sweet potatoes,pastas,breads.......you'd be fine

It's not just vegetables ,look at all the pulses ,seeds,nuts,fruits even sea weeds,dairy and eggs cooked so many ways,liking vegetables would be a start though,veggies can be interesting to even the haters,deep fried ,roasted ,grilled,different potatoes to discover ,yams and sweet potatoes,pastas,breads.......you'd be fine

Mmmmm. That lot sounds scrummy :sick: :laugh:

Melted cheese on or in vegetable dishes can often persuade non-vegetarions. Then there's all kinds of interesting breads (including garlic bread). Pizzas are easily made without meat and just as delicious if spiked with capers, black olives, garlic and pungent herbs. Lots of guilty treats are vegetarian: cheesy chips, chip butties, cakes, doughnuts!

I believe it would be difficult but I feel sure I could get it done. I honestly think I could do anything I put my mind to. I just don't like to think that I would be forced into the week. Just reading it makes me want to try even now as I firmly believe it's the best way of living. I just looked in the kitchen and saw my husband preparing some ham and eggs and cheese and then it becomes hard: yet it can be done.

I could not do vegan, I am not willing to give up cheese! I could do a vegetarian diet for a week even though I am a meat lover. Meat is getting too expensive anyway so I would consider the break from it very good for my wallet. I am not as practiced in making vegetarian dishes, so as long as I had a cookbook or some guidance, I could do a vegetarian diet...probably more than a week!

Back
Top Bottom