Countries represented on CookingBites

Sticky Fingers

Local time
5:34 PM
[Mod.Edit: this post copied and following few moved from another thread to form a new topic (MG)]

I have often wondered how many Country's are represented on this forum?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mjd
Let's see...off the top of my head, England, Scotland, Wales, The Netherlands, France, Italy, Hungary (via Turkey), Finland, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Singapore, Australia, Guernsey, New Zealand, and US.

That's just regular posters that I can remember. I'm sure I forgot one or seven and I'll be mortified about 30 seconds after I post this.

Let's see...off the top of my head, England, Scotland, Wales, The Netherlands, France, Italy, Hungary (via Turkey), Finland, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Singapore, Australia, Guernsey, New Zealand, and US.

That's just regular posters that I can remember. I'm sure I forgot one or seven and I'll be mortified about 30 seconds after I post this.

Portugal, Turkey via Holland (not Hungary as far as I know).

The membership is actually wider but will include anyone who joined since the forum began. Some may only have posted once. Some posted a lot in the past but haven't been seen for months or years. Members remain members unless they are banned. There are probably well over a thousand members.

Currently we have around 30 to 40 regular posters and it is those who I'm referring to above.

Last edited:
See, told you! Portugal, I remembered right after France, because I was mentally going along the map, got to Spain, and Spain always reminds me of Italy (and I don't even know why), and then I started heading back up the continent.

My apologies, LissaC! How could I ever forget you, even for a moment?! I now owe you a box of chocolates! :)

Last edited:
See, told you! Portugal, I remembered right after France, because I was mentally going along the map, got to Spain, and Spain always reminds me of Italy (and I don't even know why), and then I started heading back up the continent.

My apologies, LissaC! How could I ever forget you, even for a moment?! I know owe you a box of chocolates! :)
Yes that's unforgivable! Two boxes of chocolate please!

My apologies, LissaC! How could I ever forget you, even for a moment?! I know owe you a box of chocolates! :)

Can you forget my country!?!?!? Please????? ;-)

f1 (41).jpg

Burt Blank is so quiet, that must be why I forgot him. :)

To him, I owe an afternoon of coffees, pastries, and eyeing the young ladies, my treat!
Mate,we are both down in the dumps at present. Our beloved niece in the UK who is medical manager of a large care home has been going through hell 6 days a week , 16 hours a day at work. Because of staff shortages and as a skilled nurse, she took over the job of helping the dying to do so with dignity and love. Debs and her husband John (a great young man) have contracted covid 10 days ago. John is on a ventilator, Debs refused to go to hospital because she did not want to leave her young children alone. Like my friend Dil who caught it last year, face timing her is very distressing because like Dil she cannot comfortably speak.

Last edited:
Along those lines, I wonder how many States in the US are represented? Just off the top of my head, I have Alabama, Texas, Florida, California, Illinois, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and Ohio. Did I miss any? I'm just counting active members.

CD

The membership is actually wider but will include anyone who joined since the forum began. Some may only have posted once. Some posted a lot in the past but haven't been seen for months or years. Members remain members unless they are banned. There are probably well over a thousand members.

Currently we have around 30 to 40 regular posters and it is those who I'm referring to above.

Just going to be a little pain here but, we're not actually called Holland. It's an Anglo saxon way of calling our country, but we call our country 'Nederland' and our official name is 'The Netherlands'.

The name 'Holland' is only linked to us because it's the province/state Amsterdam (our capital) is found in.

Just going to be a little pain here but, we're not actually called Holland. It's an Anglo saxon way of calling our country, but we call our country 'Nederland' and our official name is 'The Netherlands'.

The name 'Holland' is only linked to us because it's the province/state Amsterdam (our capital) is found in.

Quite right

Back
Top Bottom