Crab legs

pocofan

Local time
6:39 AM
I’ve steamed crab legs several times. Only had one time they turned out perfect. I forgot to time them and just pulled them out of the steamer. Any tip later on how to do this with great results.

I’ve steamed crab legs several times. Only had one time they turned out perfect. I forgot to time them and just pulled them out of the steamer. Any tip later on how to do this with great results.

Are the crab legs raw? Here we buy whole crab either already cooked or live.

No help here we don't have cooking type crabs here, lots of crayfish though.

Russ

My research says you have one particular species of crab which is eaten - the Paddle crab. Have you never eaten crab?

Crab is caught commercially in the Nelson bays area throughout the year. Aqua Fresh (a local company) catches between 18 and 23 tonnes of crab a year and supplies supermarkets throughout New Zealand.

Crab 'em and eat 'em

If you are talking about King or Opilio (snow) crab, they are precooked then flash frozen. They just need to be heated through. Our stone crab claws are precooked as well and then kept on Ice. These are eaten cold.

Are the crab legs raw? Here we buy whole crab either already cooked or live.

My research says you have one particular species of crab which is eaten - the Paddle crab. Have you never eaten crab?

Crab 'em and eat 'em

I've never seen a crab in the shops in all the time I've been going. We do import some but I've never seen any. Ones I've seen at beaches etc are no more than 2 inches big.
I'd love some of those deadliest catch ones. Apellio?

Russ

Back
Top Bottom