Crayfish tail

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
3:42 PM
image.jpg

i do swaps for lots of stuff, a friend called around last night with crayfish tail, two, so I froze one and kept enough out for a sammich. The cat even had some. Lol.

Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
i do swaps for lots of stuff, a friend called around last night with crayfish tail, two, so I froze one and kept enough out for a sammich. The cat even had some. Lol.

Russ

There was a restaurant in town here that served crayfish tails. They were kept in a glass tank so you could chose the ones that you wanted. It lasted about 4 months. No idea why it closed.

Last edited:
Most people think of northern lobster when it is mentioned. These are Florida/Caribbean lobster, aka crayfish. I've caught 10+ pounders.
I've always thought of crayfish (crawfish or crawdads) as small lobsters, but we don't get ones up here that get that big.

image.jpeg

This seems a good topic, our crayfish are similar to your American lobster, the ones I were given were from I'm guessing a 1 to 2 kg cray. That one made a huge sammich that I only just got through, the slices were half an in inch thick. I can get huge ones if I want but the ones I got were perfect. I've got full ones in the freezer in the garage. I'll try to take one out and take a pic. Now crawfish in murica I believe are cold water ?? We also have fresh water mini frays called koura. They are similar to your crawfish, small sweet morsels. There's a creek about 40 mins away where I can get them. Crayfish are in the ocean. My friend has a holiday home in kaikoura, the home of crayfish.
Kai means food,koura means sea I think? They are very expensive $40 for an average size.

Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a restaurant in town here that served crayfish tales. They were kept in a glass tank so you could chose the ones that you wanted. It lasted about 4 months. No idea why it closed.

My fave Chinese restaurant is called Daphne's, prolly giggle it, they have live crays in about 3 tanks, and blue cod swimming away in the tanks as well. It's a very popular place. I normally hire a room for 10 when we have a family function. We love it there, it's always packed which is why I get our own area.

Russ

View attachment 27874

This seems a good topic, our crayfish are similar to your American lobster, the ones I were given were from I'm guessing a 1 to 2 kg cray. That one made a huge sammich that I only just got through, the slices were half an in inch thick. I can get huge ones if I want but the ones I got were perfect. I've got full ones in the freezer in the garage. I'll try to take one out and take a pic. Now crawfish in murica I believe are cold water ?? We also have fresh water mini frays called koura. They are similar to your crawfish, small sweet morsels. There's a creek about 40 mins away where I can get them. Crayfish are in the ocean. My friend has a holiday home in kaikoura, the home of crayfish.
Kai means food,koura means sea I think? They are very expensive $40 for an average size.

Russ

This looks delicious.

My fave Chinese restaurant is called Daphne's, prolly giggle it, they have live crays in about 3 tanks, and blue cod swimming away in the tanks as well. It's a very popular place. I normally hire a room for 10 when we have a family function. We love it there, it's always packed which is why I get our own area.

Russ

I just took a look - the food looks brilliant. One of the photos was this - I'm not sure if its a crayfish:

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 08.44.30.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 08.41.24.png

Back
Top Bottom