Recipe Creamy Leek and Potato Soup

MypinchofItaly

Forum GOD!
Local time
4:09 PM
Website
mypinchofitaly.co.uk
Creamy Leek and Potato Soup.jpg

This soup is very light and healthy, but still creamy and full of taste. It’s perfect for warming up after a cold winter day and it naturally helps our body against seasonal illnesses: the potato is rich in vitamins and the leek has detoxifying properties.

Serves: 2 | Preparation time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 20-25 mins

• Fresh goat cheese: 60 g
  • Butter, unsalted: 30 g
  • Potatoes, small-sized: 3
  • White onions, small-sized: 1
  • Leeks: 1
  • Thyme, fresh: 1 sprig
  • Vegetable broth: as needed
  • Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO): to taste
  • Salt and pepper: to taste
Method

Dice the onion and stir fry it in the pan along with the oil, the butter and the thyme.

Remove the green part of the leek and cut the remaining white part into thin slices. Dice the potatoes in small cubes and add both the leek and the potatoes to the pan. Stir fry the vegetables for a few minutes before pouring in some stock; stir thoroughly, cover with a lid and let simmer on medium heat for at least 10 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and cooked through.

Transfer the content of the pan in a food processor and remove the thyme. Blend the vegetables together until the mixture has a smooth and velvety texture, leaving some potatoes whole to give the soup a bit of a bite. You can also use a hand blender directly in the pan but be careful to not scratch the pan itself.

Mix the cheese into the soup and season to taste. If you prefer a thicker soup, simply leave it to cook a bit longer on low heat and without the lid.

Serve the soup hot with a drizzle of olive oil and some freshly ground black pepper.

Not big on soups but I'd chow down on that, I love leeks, my butcher makes pork and leek and parsley sausages, I love them.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom