Recipe Crescent Roll Pepperoni Pizza Ring

Diane Lane

Veteran
Local time
5:01 PM
That really looks pretty good. I think I have seen something like that on Pinterest too. It is amazing how versatile crescent rolls and biscuits are. I have seen many recipes featuring both, and they both seem to work very well in various recipes. There are so many foods that are so delicious, and many of them are not all that difficult to make either.

I have seen this come up on my Facebook Newsfeed for quite some time now and everytime I see it I think I would like to make it.
I have never gotten around to it yet but maybe some weekend now that I am home every weekend and it is much cooler now so
putting on the oven would be okay. During the summer months its too hot to have the oven on. Have you tried this Diane Lane?

No, I don't often have crescent rolls, and just saw this yesterday for the first time, so I haven't made it. In the comments, there was a post about making a taco ring, which sounded at least as good as the pizza ring, so they're two recipes I'll have to keep in the back of my mind for when i have the ingredients available.

Interesting. I don't know we have these rolls around here but it's a neat little recipe. I think everyone knows that I like quick and easy recipes with my on the move lifestyle.

I've been asking around of a few friends and no one so far is familiar with these rolls.

Last edited:
This is great for those nights or weekends, when you just don't feel like cooking from scratch, but want something delicious to eat. Pizza is always a good bet on those days, but this recipe takes it up a notch, and gives it a bit of flair. View: https://www.facebook.com/BuzzFeedFood/videos/1117287138284511/
I don't think we get the crescent roll dough here but we can get Croissant dough in the same sort of tin. Perhaps its the same ting - it looks similar. I've never thought of using it in this way. The recipe makes a quick and attractive dish and although I'm not particularly into pre-made ingredients, I think I will try this!

I don't think we get the crescent roll dough here but we can get Croissant dough in the same sort of tin. Perhaps its the same ting - it looks similar. I've never thought of using it in this way. The recipe makes a quick and attractive dish and although I'm not particularly into pre-made ingredients, I think I will try this!

@morning glory That sounds about the same, i'll bet those would be lovely. I definitely prefer made from scratch food, but sometimes it's nice to have a few quickie recipes on hand, too, for those times when we're rushed, or lacking in energy.

@winterybella Here, there is a section in the dairy case, where canned biscuits are kept. Do y'all have anything like that there?

I wouldn't bother doing this for the pizza ring recipe, but in case anyone wants to try making their own crescent rolls at some point, here's a recipe for them. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/7000/golden-crescent-rolls/

Here is a recipe for Pizza Crescent Ring:

Ingredients

1 lb ground Italian sausage, cooked and drained
3 oz pepperoni slices, quartered (about 42 slices)
1 1/2 cups shredded pizza cheese (6 oz)
1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese

1. Heat oven to 375°F (350°F for dark or nonstick cookie sheet). In medium bowl, mix cooked sausage, pepperoni, cheese and 3/4 cup of the pizza sauce.

2. Separate 1 can of dough into 4 rectangles. On ungreased large cookie sheet, arrange rectangles perpendicular to each other to form a cross. Corners of one side should touch while leaving a square space in the center. Separate dough from second can into 4 more rectangles. Arrange rectangles into an “X” that overlaps the cross, leaving an open circle in the center.

3. Spoon sausage mixture on the half of each rectangle closest to center of ring.

4. Bring each dough rectangle hanging over side of pan up over filling, tucking dough under bottom layer of dough to secure it. Repeat around ring until entire filling is enclosed (some filling might show a little).

5. Gently separate dough perforations on top until filling peeks through. Brush top of dough with melted butter, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until dough is golden brown and thoroughly baked. Cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into serving slices. Just before serving, in small microwavable bowl, microwave remaining 3/4 cup pizza sauce uncovered on Medium-High (70%) 1 to 2 minutes or until hot.

I seen a picture of this on my FB newsfeed and it looked so good. I have been wanting to make one but haven't done it yet. It sounds and looks so good.

I like that idea. I think I will introduce this to my teenage grandson's to reduce the amount of hot pockets they eat. The hot pockets are so salty with too many other preservatives.

Back
Top Bottom