Veteran
Local time
9:52 PM
Crock Pot Spiced Peach Pork Chops

crock-pot-spiced-peach-pork-chops-flouronmyface.jpg

SERVINGS 6 Servings

Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 large bone in center pork chops (4 bone in center or 6 boneless pork chops)
15 oz. can sliced peaches in light syrup
15 oz. can tomato sauce
¾ cup water
2 teaspoons soy sauce
¼ teaspoon fresh or dry rosemary
¼ teaspoon fresh or dried thyme
¼ teaspoon fresh or dried basil
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon cool water

Instructions

Heat the oil in a skillet and brown the pork chops on both sides. Place the pork chops in a single layer in a casserole crock pot or a 7 quart crock pot.

Drain the pieces into a bowl, reserving the juice. Pour the peach slices over the pork chops in the crock pot. Add the tomato sauce, soy sauce, rosemary, thyme, basil and pepper flakes to the bowl with the peach juice.

Stir to combine and pour over the pork chops in the slow cooker. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 4-5 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high.

Cooking time will depend on how thick the pork chops are.

30 minutes before the pork chops will be served mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 1 tablespoon cool water. Pour into the crock pot and stir to combine with the liquids in the crock pot. Recover and allow to continue to cook until the pork chops are cooked through.

Serve the Spicy Peach Pork Chops over a bed of cooked white rice or quinoa.

Source: Crock Pot Spiced Peach Pork Chops

Side Note: rascal here's a recipe with canned/tinned peaches. I know you like them. ;-)

Crock Pot Spiced Peach Pork Chops

View attachment 64879
SERVINGS 6 Servings

Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 large bone in center pork chops (4 bone in center or 6 boneless pork chops)
15 oz. can sliced peaches in light syrup
15 oz. can tomato sauce
¾ cup water
2 teaspoons soy sauce
¼ teaspoon fresh or dry rosemary
¼ teaspoon fresh or dried thyme
¼ teaspoon fresh or dried basil
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon cool water

Instructions

Heat the oil in a skillet and brown the pork chops on both sides. Place the pork chops in a single layer in a casserole crock pot or a 7 quart crock pot.

Drain the pieces into a bowl, reserving the juice. Pour the peach slices over the pork chops in the crock pot. Add the tomato sauce, soy sauce, rosemary, thyme, basil and pepper flakes to the bowl with the peach juice.

Stir to combine and pour over the pork chops in the slow cooker. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 4-5 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high.

Cooking time will depend on how thick the pork chops are.

30 minutes before the pork chops will be served mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 1 tablespoon cool water. Pour into the crock pot and stir to combine with the liquids in the crock pot. Recover and allow to continue to cook until the pork chops are cooked through.

Serve the Spicy Peach Pork Chops over a bed of cooked white rice or quinoa.

Source: Crock Pot Spiced Peach Pork Chops

Side Note: rascal here's a recipe with canned/tinned peaches. I know you like them. ;-)

You have a good memory,lol.

Russ

Reactions: mjd
I can say I've never done that. :) :) :)

Russ
My mother's first name starts with an "M". There are three girls and a boy. All three of us girls have names that start with the letter "M".

My mother constantly called us girls by each other's names. I asked her about it and she said "having kids makes your mind go bad." At the time, I thought she was making that up.

Fast forward 20 years, I have two children, a girl and a boy and I call them by each other's names and their names don't even start with the same letter!

My mother's first name starts with an "M". There are three girls and a boy. All three of us girls have names that start with the letter "M".

My mother constantly called us girls by each other's names. I asked her about it and she said "having kids makes your mind go bad." At the time, I thought she was making that up.

Fast forward 20 years, I have two children, a girl and a boy and I call them by each other's names and their names don't even start with the same letter!

My brothers are Russ (me) Steve and terry. I thought she was working through the alphabet,lol. Both my kids start with l. Lisa and Lee.
My wife's one of 9 so she was always called the wrong name,lol.

Russ

Reactions: mjd
Yup, the wrong name thing is common. Around our house, one of our parents would start every sentence with "Now Re...I mean Ro...Ra...oh shoot!...Ru..." and we'd all just sit there and wait until they cycled through our names and got to the kid they wanted.

Back
Top Bottom