Cryptic food and drink

OK - more clues/explanation:

Its an anagram of 'MT' and a word meaning 'enclose'. The answer begins with C and ends with T and is a well known cheese. Its funny, because I set this one to see how feasible it was to solve without a definition part in the clue - but no-one could solve it even when I gave the definition!

C _ _ _ _ _ _ _ T

Not sure what you mean?

Ah. Now I get it. I could kick myself. I just couldn't think of the correct synonym.

As for the other point I was only half serious, have a thread where we choose a crossword, solve it together and update the thread regularly with pics of the crossword.

Ah. Now I get it. I could kick myself. I just couldn't think of the correct synonym.

As for the other point I was only half serious, have a thread where we choose a crossword, solve it together and update the thread regularly with pics of the crossword.

Oh I see - not sure that would work somehow due to time lags between people logging in. However - the Guardian cryptic is published on-line every day so we could have a thread trying to solve it. I'll start a new thread. The Guardian Cryptic Crossword (30th June)

Last edited:
Having failed miserably at the Guardian cryptic crossword(s) over the last few days I go back to setting. This is, I hope, straightforward:

Drag back vessel inside to get fish (7)

Doh!
Couldn't see it the other day when I looked. Got it instantly today.

Actually a very underrated fish. Delicious if you remove the head and innards which leaves a pocket you can stuff. Firm white flesh.

Doh!
Couldn't see it the other day when I looked. Got it instantly today.

Actually a very underrated fish. Delicious if you remove the head and innards which leaves a pocket you can stuff. Firm white flesh.

I don't think I ever had it but a new fishmonger in Saffron Walden (I was staying with a friend) recommended it to me just before lockdown started. He said it was his favourite fish. Isn't it a bit 'boney' as in lots of small bones?

I don't think I ever had it but a new fishmonger in Saffron Walden (I was staying with a friend) recommended it to me just before lockdown started. He said it was his favourite fish. Isn't it a bit 'boney' as in lots of small bones?
No, not that I recall, been a few years since I've had one. It might be different if you fillet it but I normally cook them whole apart from head and innards. That way the flesh falls off the bone.

Back
Top Bottom