Deep Fried Pickles

dashboardc33

Veteran
Local time
8:42 AM
I had some deep fried pickles at a restaurant the other day and they were absolutely delicious! I tried making them how the restaurant made them and they simply did not turn out as good. I used bread and butter pickles. Maybe I should have used dill pickles instead? They just didn't have a good flavor at all. The breading seemed to stick okay, but the flavor was just not right. Has anyone made these before? What did you use for the batter and what type of pickles?

Deep fried pickles sound interestingly delicious! It's my first time hearing about such thing and I'd love to try one some day. Though I have no knowledge about this specific dish, I think dill pickles would work wonderfully (or I'm just being biased because I absolutely love dill pickles). Did you try searching up some recipes of it online? I hope someone can help with this because the curiosity is killing me and I really wanna try it as well!

I have only ever had them at restaurants and every time I've had them they were made with dill pickles. That is what gives me that awesome flavour. I love them. They are so tasteful but you have to.let them cool a bit first because the juice is very hot and can burn easily. They are my favorite appetizer. I always order them before my meal. I have never tried to make them though.

I had some deep fried pickles at a restaurant the other day and they were absolutely delicious! I tried making them how the restaurant made them and they simply did not turn out as good. I used bread and butter pickles. Maybe I should have used dill pickles instead? They just didn't have a good flavor at all. The breading seemed to stick okay, but the flavor was just not right. Has anyone made these before? What did you use for the batter and what type of pickles?
maybe you needed to use a recipe

Years ago our Sonic drive in used to serve fried pickles and then for some reason they stopped. A couple of years ago they started serving them again and I was so glad. They do use dill pickles for them. We would bite off a little piece and then put mustard inside the filling with the pickle,, yum. I have made these at home with success, but there is just something about getting them in the little paper bag that Sonic serves them in.

I have not tried deep frying pickles yet, I am curious about the outcome. They have been pickled and now they will be fried hmmm I wonder if they would really taste good. I am not craving for them but I would not mind giving this idea a try. Who knows I might just like the taste and be proud of what I might have achieve.

Back
Top Bottom