Dish of the month (April 2022): risotto

Well the boudin has some rice already in it, so...guess it wouldn't matter. I think andouille would be better but that's just my preference.

If I try to go the "gourmet" route, I have no chance of winning. If I go the "fun" route, I probably still won't have a chance, but I'll have some fun. :D

CD

Arancini! Thanks for the idea. In cajun country, they have something called Boudin Balls, which are breaded and deep fried balls of (wait for it) boudin. I've been wanting to make arancini for a long time.

CD

Craig came up with Cajuncini using leftover jambalaya. There's a recipe for it on here somewhere. I think we used a tomato based Cajun or Creole sauce for dipping.

I've got a stovetop method for risotto that requires minimal stirring and you add in the majority of the liquid all at once, then just add as necessary until you get the desired doneness/creaminess you want. I also alternate between valencia and arborio rice.

I got some fresh frozen whole porcini for a decent price so i need to get risotto on the menu soon.

There is still a little time left to cook a risotto for 'Dish of the month (April)'. I'm ashamed to say I haven't taken part so far. I've all the ingredients for a wild garlic risotto (including home-made wild garlic oil). Maybe tomorrow... (she says sheepishly)

A big thank you to all who contributed to this thread. We have had some interesting discussions about techniques for making risotto and eight members presented risotto dishes.

And a special thanks to karadekoolaid, Frizz1974, Cthulhu ,TastyReuben ,MypinchofItaly, kaneohegirlinaz, SatNavSaysStraightOn and ElizabethB who all presented risottos they had made. As this thread is not competitive, you are all winners!

There is a new thread here to suggest dishes for Dish of the month (May).

Back
Top Bottom