Dish of the month (March): suggestions please

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
10:03 AM
'Dish of the Month' focusses on an accessible and generic dish, so that if they wish, members can join in, cook and post the results. Its non competitive. So far we have had frittata, burgers, pizza and tortilla based dishes, savoury pies, pasta salad, pancakes/waffles, gratins and kebabs and (currently) meatloaf.

New suggestions are welcome but it needs to be a dish with fairly easily available ingredients in our various countries and a dish which offers the chance for different interpretations.

Past suggestions have included potato salad, macaroni cheese, chilli, bread, risotto and strudel. Please feel free to support one of these suggestions or add new ones, with the above criteria in mind. We will make a decision based on which dish gets most mentions, so please join in and support a suggestion or come up with another idea.

Chili sounds interesting, because people make it in hundreds of different ways around the world. Chili can also be made vegetarian/vegan. I would just have to get used to you Brits spelling "chili" wrong. :wink:

Bread would would not interest me, since I don't bake. I don't think I am alone.

I'll think about this for a while, and see if something else comes to me.

CD

Chilli for me is good; although I tend to stick to a fairly rigid recipe.

My baking leaves a lot to be desired.

I'll be the odd one out and vote for potato salad :laugh: because risotto is not my favorite dish due to a food poisoning it once gave me, and chilli is something I currently can't eat unless I blend the lot which is not a very appealing idea.
Plus I absolutely love potato salad.

Why would I switch to even more plant based products? The problem with chilli is the beans, corn, and other veggies in there which is why I have to blend it. Adding more fibre would make it worse.

Sorry. I misunderstood. Texan style chilli has no beans in it but I don't know if that would be OK for you either?

Back
Top Bottom