Dish of the month (March): suggestions please

Windigo - if chili is chosen, I’ll go against my own tastebuds and sense of smell and make a batch of Cincinnati chili - no beans, it’s a thin meat sauce, and it’s got Greek/Turkish/Mediterranean flavors (think kofta), and you serve it over spaghetti. Maybe that would work for you.

I was about to paste in the National Food Holidays for the month of March, but it looks like we're making chili. Always a great choice.

Having said that, March 3rd is National Moscow Mule Day. A Moscow Mule would go nicely with a bowl of chili. I've gotten a serious head start on celebrating that particular holiday...you might say that I celebrate once or twice a week, every week. :okay:

How about the Ukrainian Mule for Drink of the Month?

Last edited:
Windigo - if chili is chosen, I’ll go against my own tastebuds and sense of smell and make a batch of Cincinnati chili - no beans, it’s a thin meat sauce, and it’s got Greek/Turkish/Mediterranean flavors (think kofta), and you serve it over spaghetti. Maybe that would work for you.
Yes, that sounds great!

I would have to skip the beans, but if there's a chili without beans or corn I would try that

Traditional Texas chili does not have beans, corn or even tomatoes. You can use a fine grind of ground meat. Chili is basically anything with some chili peppers in it, these days. You can make one especially for your medical conditions.

CD

I'll be the odd one out and vote for potato salad :laugh: because risotto is not my favorite dish due to a food poisoning it once gave me, and chilli is something I currently can't eat unless I blend the lot which is not a very appealing idea.
Plus I absolutely love potato salad.
I like potato salad.

Is it the beans in the chili you can't have, because many people make it without beans (caseydog).

I don't mind chili, but I don't crave it. I do make it occasionally but it's fairly ordinary and I don't make it very spicy because my husband wouldn't eat it.

Why would I switch to even more plant based products? The problem with chilli is the beans, corn, and other veggies in there which is why I have to blend it. Adding more fibre would make it worse.
Yeah, sorry I didn't read through before posting. But I never add corn to mine and I don't know any people who do that in the US (although I am sure in the SW US they do, probably black beans and corn. Also the only veggies I add are tomatoes and onions, with just a small amount of beans, but many people make it without the beans.

It seems that chilli has the most mentions. So that will be dish of the month for March. Other suggestions will be carried over to next month's options.

Thanks everyone!

Kofta, the original Italian meatball. Love kofta.

Back
Top Bottom